“Just right...”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Roanoke, Virginia
“Just right...”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times and have always found it to be a solid, dependable and comfortable hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms spacious enough, and there are plenty of options nearby for dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Jersey
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at this Court Yard Marriott over night as we drove south, and again 1 week later on our way back home. Convenient off of I95. We didn't need restaurants, but there were plenty of options in the immediate area. Coffee/hot water were out early so that we could get on the road. We didn't stay long enough to use the other facilities on site. Rooms clean. Easy parking. Another positive Marriott experience. BTW, used the Marriott app on my phone to book the room on the way back (we weren't sure how late we wanted to drive- so I didn't book in advance). The reservation took just a few key strokes! Love technology!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff friendly accommodating room cheery and clean. Very comfortable convenient to restaurants. Would stay again. The site has pool limited service restaurant business center and gym..what more could you want at this price. It was easy off 95 and easy on. It was snowing when I got here...Virginia not ready for it but I could walk to two or three restaurants and a movie theater. Only suggestion is to add in room paid movies. Supply direct tv with hbo but not enough selection. I was met by a number of friendly and helpful staff. Large touch screen in lobby used for a multitude of information like local attractions weather etc was helpful and free non password Internet took some hassle out of stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Psych79
Mount Rainier, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! It is your average Courtyard Marriott with a kick. beautiful rooms and decor. Very comfortable...with exception of the sleeper chairbed...that was actually pretty painful. But overall the staff was gracious and friendly and I loved that. Their Christmas Tree adn snowflake cutouts (Good job!!) were gorgeous. A short 15 minute driver outside of Richmond and well worth it. When we were there, there was not another soul in the building and it was the weekend before Christmas! It was fantastic!

Room Tip: Beware of the pull out sofa chair...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stargirl8604
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for the purpose of my trip and the rooms were redone beautifully. The one downside is the walls are extremely thin. In the bathroom and bedroom I could literally hear the person next to me's conversation on the telephone. They really should have insulated better when they remodeled the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
Barrington, RI
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Comfortable and very nice. The hotel is situated in the middle of every conceivable restaurant and several shopping areas which makes it a convenient place to stay and the fitness room is small but the equipment is in good working condition. The staff is helpful. The bathroom was big but I was surprised that the tub had several chips in it and the bathroom had a musty smell, especially when showering. The walls are very thin. I could hear conversations in both adjacent rooms at night. There was a family with children next door and apparently they are well on there way to another one if the other night is any indication. Closet is too small for any one staying longer than a week but the hotel is comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, the less people you are next to, the better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stay at Courtyards fairly often, mostly because they are consistently clean, comfortable, and have the business amenities I need. This property is as good as any Courtyard I have visited. This particular trip was actually a family event, and the hotel was the most convenient to our event.

I actually had a first experience, even having been a business traveler for about 30 years. The people in the room next to ours were SO loud, there was no way we could sleep. I inquired at the Front Desk, and the clerk Alyssa offered to call the other guests. However, she would also be glad to relocate us to the other end of the floor to avoid any more problems. We took her up on that offer. While a minor inconvenience, it was certainly no fault of the hotel. They took all the right steps to make we were happy and able to rest.

The one other thing I really like about this property were the plethora of TV channels with a real on screen program menu. You don't see that often and it's a pleasant change. The hotel is in the midst of plenty of retail and restaurants.

If in North Richmond for business or pleasure, I would absolutely recommend this Courtyard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family