“Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I thought the staff was very nice and accommodating. The location was perfect, right off of I-95 with a lot of restaurants and shopping within 1/2 mile. I thought the room could have been a little nicer and cleaner. We opened up the sofa bed but the mattress left a loot to be desired and thus went unused. The pool was over chlorinated. The exercise room was nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Have stayed here twice first time was excellent, the second time on a Saturday night was filled with sports teams and quite noisy. Hotel has through the wall a/c units which are noisy. Staff are excellent and well trained.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If nothing else, Marriott's are dependably clean and comfortable. No difference with this property. Because of that, and because the rates seem to be reasonable (I paid < $100/night), it is not a bad choice for a night or two. I didn't see anything that made me think it would be worth a longer stay than that. It is conveniently in the I-95 corridor, so maybe they are purposely targeting the one-night-stay driving traveller?

The lobby is large and has lots of comfy seating, but it doesn't feel comfortable - it is an odd arrangement. This large open space serves as the lobby, bar and restaurant (very odd), so although they serve food and have some bottles of liquor available, I think it is a stretch for the hotel to claim they have either a real bar or a real restaurant.

The bed was firm, but comfortable, and the hotel offers free parking and good, fast free internet.

A few issues or glitches that bear mentioning are as follows:

When I arrived for check-in there was no one at the front desk (or anywhere else visible for that matter. I waited about 10 minutes and then went looking for someone. I discovered someone (who turned out to also be the front desk attendant) in the kitchen area behind the breakfast bar. After he knew I was waiting he didn't immediately come out to get me checked in, but rather finished what he was doing (another 4 or 5 minutes) before coming out. Admittedly, it was after 11pm, but even so, one shouldn't have to wait nearly 15 minutes to get checked in.

I had requested a higher floor room when I made my online reservation. I received a ground floor room (facing the headlights in the parking lot). It was also a handicap accessible room, which I didn't need or want.

The TV in the room was in a very strange location in relation to the bed - very difficult to see from the head of the bed.

The air conditioner in the room was very noisy - I'm usually fall asleep quickly (and I was pretty tired) but with this A/C noise it took me a really long time to fall asleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter's all-star softball team and their families from a Thurs - Sun. Staff was nice and accommodating. My bed was not the greatest. Think it's time to replace the mattress in room 317! I kept falling towards the middle and into my husband so didn't really sleep that great. All in all, a good few days at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

It is nice to have a reliable source for Hotel stays up and down the eastern seaboard. The Courtyard in Glen Allen was another pleasant stay. Only in town for one night, with our son, located near great restaurants, beds were comfy, room was clean and the lay out is so classy, for the price. After a delicious dinner, hung out in the beautiful "courtyard" that the Courtyard provided. Our son had to go to the indoor pool, as all kids nag about, and It was great to see the handicapped access for the pool. Again, a reliable chain, and with our family, "we go with what we know".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had a king room with a sleeper sofa. The room and bath was very clean, and both in good shape. The extra linens for the sleeper were stored in a zipper bag in closet, and were fresh. My only complaint was the blanket needed to be washed as it had some crusty stain on it as well as some little dead bugs on the mattress pad. We did not use either one. I think it had been like that for a long time, and I absolutely saw NO evidence of bed bugs, nor does this hotel have any negative reviews of such! As I said, everything else was very clean. The a/c unit is a little loud when you are trying to listen to the TV, but that is incidental. Their is a movie theatre in walking distance, as well as many choices to eat. Very nice, safe area in close proximity to Kings Dominion. The staff was very polite and helpful. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Mom1Kiddos3
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here for a quick pit stop for a longer trip. Room was very new, clean and nice. Lobby was nice with a small bar with a few TV's. Room rate was about $110 for a Saturday night stay.

• Stayed: June 2012