“Always choose this place when needing to stay closer to Richmond!”

Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Virginia
“Always choose this place when needing to stay closer to Richmond!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My family and I always choose this hotel when we have to stay closer to Richmond to avoid the drive from the Fredericksburg, VA or Ladysmith, Va area. The hotel has never let us down in terms of not being clean. the beds are of Marriott quality and comfort. The breakfast is the usual for a Courtyard. the staff is always helpful and willing to assist in any manner. I appreciate the closeness of restaurants and stores, even if I am shopping in Short Pump which is about a 10 or 15 min drive. I absolutely adore this hotel and choose it without a doubt when traveling South! It has yet to let me down. Thank you Courtyard Glen Allen for providing a quality hotel and service that proves why I love being a Rewards member!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2011

After staying at another hotel for business closer to Doswell, I ended up staying here the night before my flight in order to visit some family. I have to say, this place was a real treat.

Check in was effortless, and the lobby is spectacular. After popping into my room and seeing that it was just as amazing, I ended up relaxing and chatting with family in the lobby over some takeout that we had grabbed.

I only stayed here one night and wished that I had stayed here for my whole trip and just commuted to my business in Doswell.

Room Tip: This place is tough to spot from Brooks Rd and both my phone and my sisters GPS failed to pinpoint t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

If your looking for a place in the Glen Allen Area on the North side of Richmond this is a very good choice. The hotel is located right off I-295 and I-95 next to Virginia Center Commons shopping mall. It's a newer Courtyard property and everything still feels pretty new. There are quite a few chain restuarants in the area like O'Charley's, Applebees, Famous Dave's, iHop, and Shoney's to name a few. My only complaint about this hotel is that it does not offer a breakfast buffet like some other Courtyards. It does have "The Bistro" (walkup food counter) with breakfast options but their hours are very limited.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Yardis, Owner at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
We are grateful for your business and aspire to be your first choice when returning to the I - 95/ I -295/ US 1 corridor in Glen Allen, VA-North Richmond. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall. I can understand and appreciate the preferance of some guests who enjoy the former "buffet concept" which was phased out by the "brand". Ideally this is overcome for many with the fresh prepared items in the Bistro for breakfast, dinner, and a full bar. Certainly the state - of the art lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax in with free wi fi is another attribute I find frequent travellers and leisure guests alike embrace. Best wishes for safe travels.
Waynesboro, VA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you are traveling from the south or the west to Kings Dominion this is a great place to stay. It's right off 295 not far from KD but far enough. There is a nice outside sitting area that is great for the warm months. This is a must stay location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Motadean
Yardis, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for making the trip over to our Courtyard Richmond North. When I opened the hotel three years ago, I too was so very pleased with the attributes of the balcony rooms and the marvelous sitting area on the back patio. The gazebo is so beautiful and our family of associates are very proud of the beautiful social events we have hosted there. Repeat business guests have made it a morning haven to fire up the lap top with free wi fi on the patio while they savor a delicious handcrafted cup of Starbucks. Grateful for your business.
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would give this five stars for sure, but there is a lot of black mold and that makes me question how clean this place is. Im talk a ton of it. I'll try to post pictures.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband, my 3 year old son and I have stayed at the Courtyard for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. It is the 3rd year in a row we have stayed at this hotel, and it never disappoints.

I have always liked Marriott properties--they are always clean and user friendly. This hotel goes above and beyond many of the other Marriott's I've stayed at.

The lobby is open and inviting, and really quite pretty. There is a small counter type restaurant and bar, a large area to kick back and relax while using the WiFi or watching a large flat screen television, as well as Marriott's signature giant touchscreen information center where guests can access local restaurant info, weather reports, news and more.

The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The woman who worked the overnight when we were there was full of information on local restaurants--what they offered, how to get there, etc.
Check in was quick and easy. I'm horrible with names, otherwise I would give her some serious kudos on this review!

We stayed in a King bedroom. It was large, clean and comfortable. We have also stayed in a King Suite on a previous visit, which is just as nice and has two rooms basically--a bedroom and a large sitting room. The suite is perfect if you have a young child and need a pack-n-play in the room. In both room types there is a pull out bed which is great for older kids. I am always amazed at how quiet the rooms are. I never heard anyone else even walking past our room. A big plus!

The pool and hot tub are nice, although the heated pool is still quite chilly, in my opinion. But my son did not seem to mind at all.

The hotel is located in a large retail area, so a number of restaurants are extremely close. We were able to walk to Red Robin, and a barbeque restaurant was also within walking distance (awesome when you've been trapped in a car for 8 hours).

With an awesome location that is easy to get to off of I-95, great staff, clean and comfy rooms, I only have good things to say about Courtyard Richmond North!

Room Tip: Haven't ever stayed in a bad room here. The suites are worth the extra money if you want extra...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifero2
Newark, Delaware, USA
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My two children and I stayed at the beginning of August for one night. The hotel was easy to find and was located close to lots (and lots) of shopping and dining options.

The lobby is beautifully decorated and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge and very comfortable.

We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but they both looked well-maintained.

The electricity went out about an hour after we checked in (due to a bad car accident close to the hotel). I went downstairs to get my laundry out of the dryer, since I thought it wouldn't be running. However, the ground floor still had electricity due to the generator and I was able to finish drying the clothes. The chief engineer was walking around checking everything and he let me know the power would be back on soon. The hotel handled the situation very well.

Overall, a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
#12 of 23 in Glen Allen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen? Share your experiences!