“Good Choice for North Richmond”

Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed November 28, 2011

If your looking for a place in the Glen Allen Area on the North side of Richmond this is a very good choice. The hotel is located right off I-295 and I-95 next to Virginia Center Commons shopping mall. It's a newer Courtyard property and everything still feels pretty new. There are quite a few chain restuarants in the area like O'Charley's, Applebees, Famous Dave's, iHop, and Shoney's to name a few. My only complaint about this hotel is that it does not offer a breakfast buffet like some other Courtyards. It does have "The Bistro" (walkup food counter) with breakfast options but their hours are very limited.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Yardis, Owner at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

We are grateful for your business and aspire to be your first choice when returning to the I - 95/ I -295/ US 1 corridor in Glen Allen, VA-North Richmond. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall. I can understand and appreciate the preferance of some guests who enjoy the former "buffet concept" which was phased out by the "brand". Ideally this is overcome for many with the fresh prepared items in the Bistro for breakfast, dinner, and a full bar. Certainly the state - of the art lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax in with free wi fi is another attribute I find frequent travellers and leisure guests alike embrace. Best wishes for safe travels.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you are traveling from the south or the west to Kings Dominion this is a great place to stay. It's right off 295 not far from KD but far enough. There is a nice outside sitting area that is great for the warm months. This is a must stay location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Motadean
Yardis, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for making the trip over to our Courtyard Richmond North. When I opened the hotel three years ago, I too was so very pleased with the attributes of the balcony rooms and the marvelous sitting area on the back patio. The gazebo is so beautiful and our family of associates are very proud of the beautiful social events we have hosted there. Repeat business guests have made it a morning haven to fire up the lap top with free wi fi on the patio while they savor a delicious handcrafted cup of Starbucks. Grateful for your business.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would give this five stars for sure, but there is a lot of black mold and that makes me question how clean this place is. Im talk a ton of it. I'll try to post pictures.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband, my 3 year old son and I have stayed at the Courtyard for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. It is the 3rd year in a row we have stayed at this hotel, and it never disappoints.

I have always liked Marriott properties--they are always clean and user friendly. This hotel goes above and beyond many of the other Marriott's I've stayed at.

The lobby is open and inviting, and really quite pretty. There is a small counter type restaurant and bar, a large area to kick back and relax while using the WiFi or watching a large flat screen television, as well as Marriott's signature giant touchscreen information center where guests can access local restaurant info, weather reports, news and more.

The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The woman who worked the overnight when we were there was full of information on local restaurants--what they offered, how to get there, etc.
Check in was quick and easy. I'm horrible with names, otherwise I would give her some serious kudos on this review!

We stayed in a King bedroom. It was large, clean and comfortable. We have also stayed in a King Suite on a previous visit, which is just as nice and has two rooms basically--a bedroom and a large sitting room. The suite is perfect if you have a young child and need a pack-n-play in the room. In both room types there is a pull out bed which is great for older kids. I am always amazed at how quiet the rooms are. I never heard anyone else even walking past our room. A big plus!

The pool and hot tub are nice, although the heated pool is still quite chilly, in my opinion. But my son did not seem to mind at all.

The hotel is located in a large retail area, so a number of restaurants are extremely close. We were able to walk to Red Robin, and a barbeque restaurant was also within walking distance (awesome when you've been trapped in a car for 8 hours).

With an awesome location that is easy to get to off of I-95, great staff, clean and comfy rooms, I only have good things to say about Courtyard Richmond North!

Room Tip: Haven't ever stayed in a bad room here. The suites are worth the extra money if you want extra...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jennifero2
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My two children and I stayed at the beginning of August for one night. The hotel was easy to find and was located close to lots (and lots) of shopping and dining options.

The lobby is beautifully decorated and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge and very comfortable.

We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but they both looked well-maintained.

The electricity went out about an hour after we checked in (due to a bad car accident close to the hotel). I went downstairs to get my laundry out of the dryer, since I thought it wouldn't be running. However, the ground floor still had electricity due to the generator and I was able to finish drying the clothes. The chief engineer was walking around checking everything and he let me know the power would be back on soon. The hotel handled the situation very well.

Overall, a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mom2kaepb
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed in the Courtyard in Glen Allen on our way to Washington D.C.. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly.

Overall a very pleasant stay - we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin2307
James_Lee_CY, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Many thanks for taking the time and posting this review, we are in a great location for both I-95 and I-295 travelers. I’m very proud to work with so many outstanding people and couldn’t be happier that you took the time to recognize them! I hope to see you again during your next travel.

James Lee
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay as part of a longer trip. The hotel is very convenient to I-95 though not the easiest to locate as it is in the back part of a mall. We arrived late at night and the staff could not have been friendlier. The hotel and rooms have been fully modernized and updated, we were pleasantly surprised. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning unit, while providing excellent cooloing, was very noisy. We checked out early in the morning and again the people at the front desk were extremely efficient and courteous. There are many choices for places to eat as well in the mall where this hotel was located. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay here again myself.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple