“Great place to stay in Richmond”

Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great place to stay in Richmond”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband, my 3 year old son and I have stayed at the Courtyard for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. It is the 3rd year in a row we have stayed at this hotel, and it never disappoints.

I have always liked Marriott properties--they are always clean and user friendly. This hotel goes above and beyond many of the other Marriott's I've stayed at.

The lobby is open and inviting, and really quite pretty. There is a small counter type restaurant and bar, a large area to kick back and relax while using the WiFi or watching a large flat screen television, as well as Marriott's signature giant touchscreen information center where guests can access local restaurant info, weather reports, news and more.

The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The woman who worked the overnight when we were there was full of information on local restaurants--what they offered, how to get there, etc.
Check in was quick and easy. I'm horrible with names, otherwise I would give her some serious kudos on this review!

We stayed in a King bedroom. It was large, clean and comfortable. We have also stayed in a King Suite on a previous visit, which is just as nice and has two rooms basically--a bedroom and a large sitting room. The suite is perfect if you have a young child and need a pack-n-play in the room. In both room types there is a pull out bed which is great for older kids. I am always amazed at how quiet the rooms are. I never heard anyone else even walking past our room. A big plus!

The pool and hot tub are nice, although the heated pool is still quite chilly, in my opinion. But my son did not seem to mind at all.

The hotel is located in a large retail area, so a number of restaurants are extremely close. We were able to walk to Red Robin, and a barbeque restaurant was also within walking distance (awesome when you've been trapped in a car for 8 hours).

With an awesome location that is easy to get to off of I-95, great staff, clean and comfy rooms, I only have good things to say about Courtyard Richmond North!

Room Tip: Haven't ever stayed in a bad room here. The suites are worth the extra money if you want extra...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifero2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newark, Delaware, USA
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My two children and I stayed at the beginning of August for one night. The hotel was easy to find and was located close to lots (and lots) of shopping and dining options.

The lobby is beautifully decorated and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge and very comfortable.

We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but they both looked well-maintained.

The electricity went out about an hour after we checked in (due to a bad car accident close to the hotel). I went downstairs to get my laundry out of the dryer, since I thought it wouldn't be running. However, the ground floor still had electricity due to the generator and I was able to finish drying the clothes. The chief engineer was walking around checking everything and he let me know the power would be back on soon. The hotel handled the situation very well.

Overall, a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mom2kaepb
Atlanta
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed in the Courtyard in Glen Allen on our way to Washington D.C.. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly.

Overall a very pleasant stay - we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin2307
James_Lee_CY, Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Many thanks for taking the time and posting this review, we are in a great location for both I-95 and I-295 travelers. I’m very proud to work with so many outstanding people and couldn’t be happier that you took the time to recognize them! I hope to see you again during your next travel.

James Lee
Operations Manager
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay as part of a longer trip. The hotel is very convenient to I-95 though not the easiest to locate as it is in the back part of a mall. We arrived late at night and the staff could not have been friendlier. The hotel and rooms have been fully modernized and updated, we were pleasantly surprised. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning unit, while providing excellent cooloing, was very noisy. We checked out early in the morning and again the people at the front desk were extremely efficient and courteous. There are many choices for places to eat as well in the mall where this hotel was located. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay here again myself.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 18 days in April. From the moment I arrived, the front desk staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I had recently had surgery and they helped me with my luggage and was extremely accommodating. The woman who worked at the cafe, had my breakfast memorized by the 3rd day. Everyone who worked at the hotel smiled and was engaging.

The rooms were very, very clean. The furnishings and dressings seemed to be recently updated and the room smelled fresh. The hotel is conveniently located and in a quiet location. I was able to work efficiently and sleep well. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
James_Lee_CY, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Many thanks for sharing your experience, I’m very proud to work with so many outstanding people and couldn’t be happier that you took the time to recognize them! I hope to see you again soon
Sheffield, England
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed for one night after driving south from Washington. Good location just off I95 but far enough away to avoid traffic noise. Target is across the road. Famous Dave's BBQ & Red Robin burgers within a minutes walk.
Room (4th floor) was clean, quiet & well equipped. Large selection of cable channels. Big comfy king sized bed with lots of pillows. Wifi connected with no problems.
Didn't use the hotel restaurant so can't comment on that.

• Stayed April 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We had a great stay at the Courtyard Richmond. SPACIOUS room for all five of us! Thank you for the super accommodations.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family