“Nice enough for a one night stay.”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed March 2, 2010

It has a lot of recent updates but the actual hotel structure remains the same old style hotel underneath. Lobby is nice, elevators are dated, hallways are dated, and the room are decorated well but the layout is dated. The bathroom is the most disappointing part. There is barely enough room for the door to open and close, and the shower has a bath fitter cover over it. The bathroom is not what you would expect from a Hyatt. The rest of the room is okay but it has the uncomfortable feeling of an old hotel room that has new furniture. The bed also has that scary indent on one side of the mattress where you could see where people have slept over the years. One positive was the big flat screen tv with HD. They also have a very light continental breakfast where the eating area looks a lot nicer than the food provided - cereal, bread, mini muffins, fruit, and yogurt. If you eat in the breakfast area make sure the plate you take is clean. Also I have to mention that despite the out dated feel the staff is extremely nice and were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perogiman
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2010

Dear, Rickkos,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. With everyone so busy these days, every one we get it valuable.

You hit on the few things that most of our guests mention about the property. Previously, we were an Amerisuites hotel. A few years back, Hyatt and a couple other brands purchased parts of the Amerisuites portfolio from Prime Hotels. When they did, the building stayed the same and the interior design was changed.

Our bathrooms are the one thing the conversion did not get "upgraded." For a 20 year old building, the property itself is in good shape. I have stayed in some new build Hyatt Places and I am jealous of the bathrooms.

I need to check on the bed you stayed in. They are only 2 years old should not be in the condition you described.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Hyatt Place Innsbrook
804-747-9644

Reviewed February 21, 2010

Hyatt Place is a wonderful new idea from Hyatt and I decided to give this one a try. This is in Glen Allen, a close suburb of Richmond - where it is largely office parks and strip malls. It is easy enough to get to Richmond, 10 minutes or so. This is in an office park sitting among 3 or 4 other hotels. Capital Ale House is a quick hop around the corner, well worth dropping buy for a drink or two. I normally stay at the Marriott when I'm out this way of Richmond (I frequent the city 2-3 times a year). I had visited when they were still in the transitioning stages and so there was a lot of construction going on, so it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing place. Even my room, there were things less than desirable of signs of construction still being shown, but they get a free pass. I'm sure it's totally different now. I loved the self check in kiosk, the bed was average but by far and away, the plasma TV was worth the stay alone. Not a whole lot of TVs go to this extend to bring you such a quality TV. I ended up watching a couple movies that night, and the HD was the real deal. Service desk was not really needed much but when I need it, she was certainly helpful. Hard to give a fair review cause I had stayed at this hotel when they really weren't in the opportune position to cater to the guest. But I'm giving it a solid review anyway. Hyatt Place has a good product they're selling and I know wherever I travel, Hyatt Place is always going to be considered. Count me in, I'm a fan. And if you haven't tried out Hyatt Place, do yourself a favor and check one out sometime, you won't regret it. I know I had no regrets, construction and all.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

idreamofeuropa,

First, thank your for taking the time to give us a review here on Tripadvisor. Being as busy as we all are these days, EVERY bit of feedback we receive is appreciated.

I have to agree with you on the televisions. They are pretty cool. They just added a music component as well.

I have only been at the property since September of last year (my how time flys) and coming from another brand, I was sold on the Hyatt Place concept pretty quick. We are always working on our service here & trying to increase our awareness.

Thanks again for your feedback & I am glad you are a fan.

Reviewed November 3, 2009

We were in town for a soccer game and had about 20 families stay in this hotel. The room layout was spacious and perfect for traveling with kids. The breakfast was perfect for them too. They could get whatever they wanted and the staff were very concerned with replenishing the food. The staff were fantastic! So friendly. The man that greeted us everyday was just delightful. My only compliant was housekeeping. We had arranged in advance (that is in fact why we stayed at the hotel) to have a late check out if we didn't win. Well, we ended up winning and one of our parents called to tell the hotel we would be staying. When we arrived back at our rooms at 5 in the afternoon, they had not been cleaned. This was quite upsetting to our 20 families. When asked they said they didn't know if we were staying. To me, that is not a good reason espcially since one of our parents called. A hotel should clean the room just in case..I mean we are the paying guests! In all, we will stay there again but be specific about cleaning the rooms for multinight stays.

• Stayed: October 2009
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2009

Fun2travel63,

First, congratulations to your team on winning. I hope we contributed some what to you being prepared to play as hard as your team did.

I am not going to make up excuses for why your team rooms did not get full service. In short, we were not prepared and fell down. Accept my apology and hope that we do see you again.

As for my staff, I have been lucky to have inherited a wonderful group of individuals. I have only been here since the beginning of September and have enjoyed joining this group. I will pass your comments onto them.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback to TripAdvisor about our Hyatt Place.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed here with my husband who was on a business trip with his company. The hotel was conveniently located to all types of restaurants and just a few miles down the road from the Short Pump Mall. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. The rooms included a nice size living/ sitting area, small refrigerator, flat screen TV and free internet service. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2009

FrequentTraveler0962,

I want to thank you for your kind words about our Hyatt Place here in Innsbrook and also about our staff. Location, location, location seems to be the mantra for hotels and other businesses. I believe that it is all about service.
I am fortunate that I have inherited a "very friendly staff." They are what makes our property what it is. Being the GM, it is a pleasure to lead this team toward the goal of being number one in Glen Allen, VA.
Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2009

I am an IT consultant and sometimes spend many months at one location. Currently I am at the Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook. I have been at this hotel for more than a month and plan to stay thru June of next year. This hotel, the GM and the hotel staff have made my stay comfortable, relaxing and for the most part a home away from home. Bill Rippe, the GM, talks to me most every day to ensure my stay is a pleasant one and that there are no obstacles to this objective. His demeanor is professional but personable. My observation of his management skills are fine tuned and deliberate. He motivates his staff with rolled up sleeves, many hours on the job and relationship building. He is focused on keeping his customer satisfied while keeping his staff productive and content. The GM and staff always acknowledge my passing thru the lobby with a big “good morning Mike”. Again the hotel, Bill Rippe, GM and staff have done a remarkable job; they get an A+ for customer satisfaction. I will always stay at the Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook when I come to Richmond.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Geremina,

I want to thank you for your kinds words regarding our Hyatt Place here in Innsbrook. I have been fortunate to inherit a staff that has dedication and just needs some guidance. I am proud of them for every little bit of positive thinsg we hear back from our guests. Additionally, we are taking the bad that we get and finding way to turn it around.

We appreciate the time you took to leave us this feedback and look forward to ensureing your stay with us is as pleasurable as possible.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2009

The Hyatt Place is a fairly new hotel and is basically Hyatt’s answer to Marriott’s Courtyard brand. A mid-service hotel with amenities targeted at the business traveler. The rooms were clean, if not a bit spartan, good furnishings, and High-Def TV in every room. The location is ok, there’s a good selection of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and plenty more within a short drive away. The service has improved a little since I started staying there, I think the staff was just a little new initially. I do have one gripe around the room layouts. I like to watch TV while I’m working, and the layout of where the desk is and where the TV is located, basically makes it impossible to work and watch TV at the same time, the TV does not tilt that far to the side. The only way to do both was to sit on the couch in the room, which isn’t a horrible thing, just not great when you’re trying to stay awake.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2009

Mindwurkz,

I want to thank you for the kind remarks about our Hyatt Place. I have been here since the beginning of September and working hard to increase our overall service. I am glad to see it has improved at least a little.

Yep, the room layouts are a bit odd. This is the carryover from the old Amerisuites layout. Having stayed in a Hyatt Place as a guest and working, I know what you mean about staying awake while working.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed September 26, 2009

This is not a Hyatt Place. This may have the logo and the design, but still ran like an Amerisuites. My stay was horrible. The bathroom was so tiny the bathroom door got stuck on the toilet when you tried to close it. You had to push hard. Their was mold on the ceiling. The staff seems like they could be nice, but they didn't care. I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since 1999 and have never seen this before.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rem061877
hokiejeep, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2009

Good Morning,
First, I wanted to let you know that I am the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place, Richmond/Innsbrook. I see that your stay in August was well below my standards and yours as well.
I came on board the 8th of September and have been working to improve exactly what you spoke of in your comments. In my daily inspections of rooms, I have noticed the mold on the bath ceilings and the issues with the doors. Be assured these are being addressed.
As for the staff not caring, nothing is worse when you have an issue that needs to be taken care of. Customer service and basic hospitality is not rocket science. This is something that I am addressing in our daily huddles.
I hope that you would try us again. Feel free to contact me at anytime.
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook? Share your experiences!