“Loved it!”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way south and we were very pleased. I will defiantly look for Hyatt hotels more often.

The room was a great size, lots of space. We got a King size bed with a pull out couch. We also borrowed a pack n play for our toddler, we had lots of room for everyone. The decor was nice and it was perfect when we arrived.

The staff were very friendly and helpful the whole time. Great hospitality. Breakfast in the morning was included and a nice variety.

They have plenty of things you can borrow, like the pack n play, yoga mats, free weights etc. they serve Starbucks in the lobby and have 24 hr room service.

The location is great, close to lots of shopping and restaurants. It was only 2 miles to Short Pump.

We will defiantly stay there again! It would be a great place to stay if you are on business or with a family like us.

Stayed: March 2014
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Was in Richmond for a business trip. I don't usually stay at these types of hotels, since I prefer a more full-service stay (restaurant, bar, etc.). However, I've now stayed at two Hyatt Place hotels and have been very happy with both. The key is having a place to eat located very close, and in this case there's an outdoor mall just a quick walk away. Large room with a sitting area, bed is comfy. Nothing really stands out about the property, but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Carl B, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you very much for giving us a try. I am glad that you enjoyed your stays and our locations.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook served as the host hotel for my daughter's wedding. The management team was eager to accept our business and communicated with us from the time we signed the agreement until the day we arrived. The price of the rooms were very reasonable. The rooms were great and the staff was friendly and very helpful. My guest, who were local, national and international, were very complementary of the facility and the service. We had a great time.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the five star review. I am so very glad that you enjoyed working with us from start to finish.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We often stay at Marriotts while traveling and in the past have stayed at the Linden Row, downtown in Richmond, which I love, so I was pleasantly surprised to find the Hyatt Place to be great property with well designed rooms that include a sitting room and a bedroom, separated by a dividing screen, a desk and coffee bar, and a bumpout that contains the closet and separates the rest from the sink and bathroom, the whole being more interesting and less rectangular than most hotel rooms. The lobby, which is welcoming and lovely in color and design, offers a snack bar and breakfast which is more sufficient than most others.
We stayed at both the Richmond and the Raleigh Hyatt Place and were happy with both. The beds weree really comfortable and so were the pillows; plus they use light bedding, not those too-warm down comforters that are so dominant in many hotels now. We will certainly push them to the top of our list for travel overnights and would certainly consider it for longer stays.

Room Tip: Our corner room was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you very much for the five star review. We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've always been a fan of Hyatt Place and we try to stay at one when we can. This Hyatt Place was no exception, everything was great. The rooms, as usual, were spacious and spotlessly clean. The WiFi worked well and it was complimentary. Free parking and breakfast is always appreciated. Breakfast was excellent, and I would say was better than the other Hyatt Place I've been as they had more hot options. Service as usual was good. It's everything you could expect from this particular chain and it's nightly rate is affordable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your five star review and continued support.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel to Richmond a lot for business and I have stayed at several hotels in the area. The Hyatt Place is one of the hotels I stay in most frequenty. I have always forund the staff to be friendly, professional and accomodating - although check-in has been a bit slow on some visits. Breakfast is OK, and the staff was willing to make me a breakfast sandwich without cheese upon request. The rooms are comfortable, with a sleeping area, sitting area (good size HDTV, with component inputs), and a desk. The gym is very, very minimal. There are several restaurants at different price points within easy walking distance (diner, deli, Thai, brewpub, Italian, hot dogs, high-end steakhouse). I find this hotel to be a pretty good value. There are others where I prefer to stay when vacancies allow, but I have stayed at much worse hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and for highlighting how great our location is.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a clean hotel with 2 elevators. (I hate hotels with only one) The rooms are good sized, and divided into suites. The bedroom 'area' is small leaving almost no place to put a suitcase. There are no drawers in the bedroom area, except for 2 adjacent to the sink next to the toilet/shower room. The nightstands are simply shelves with a phone on one and a clock on the other. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.The closet was a problem. It looked like an after thought. You could only access half of it and the iron and ironing board were really in the way. I found the temperature regulation in the shower totally impossible (5th floor) either scalding or cold and it changed while on!

I was unable to find any information, in the room, regarding the TV channels, where the ice machines were, etc. I found an ice machine on the floor below mine. The large TV between the sitting area and the bedroom area, visible to both or either, was excellent. There were shelves beneath it, but I don't know what they were for, certainly not a place I wished to 'display' any of my belongings. The room featured a wetbar station in the good sized sitting area that would be good for entertaining.

The staff was excellent and the complimentary breakfast was good. Not outstanding, but good.

Room Tip: I 'think' the shower water my be easier to regulate on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stormy T
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of our hotel. I especially thank you for the very kind words about our team here. I found your comments about the room particularly insightful. It is my hope that you may return and continue to provide me with feedback about our product and operation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Aloft Richmond West
Aloft Richmond West
#15 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook? Share your experiences!