“Nice UR Option” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Windsor, PA
“Nice UR Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We travel to Richmond often as our daughter attends University of Richmond. This is our first stay at this property. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They are "pet friendly" which is why we chose this location. Our only complaint was that the travel site that we made the booking through, did not mention the $75 charge for the dog. I blame the other site though, not the hotel. I would stay here again but if we bring the dog, I need to check other options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am so very glad that you enjoyed your time here with us in Richmond. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and especially for those about the team. I apologize that the disclosure for the pet fee was not readily available at the time of booking, it certainly should have been.

Again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hopewell Junction, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip The room was very nice with a kingsize bed and a large sitting area with a couch and ottoman. Also a desk and every kind of plug and internet connection you need. Very clean and contemporary. Big Screed hi def TV could be viewed from the bed or sitting area.
The breakfast and bar area is also nicely laid out and a great spot to have a glass of wine or beer and a snack at night (if you are real nice they will even give you some good cookies or cheesecake). The breakfast is included in your rate and it is much better then other hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast sandwich is outstanding and fresh. Lots of fruit, oatmeal and other stuff.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, the entire staff was friendly and courteous and made a great effort to take care of me from check in to departure. Gwen was the best of all of them! This was my first experience at a Hyatt Place and I rate it very highly if you are looking for a nice place to stay at a rate of $125 or less

Room Tip: I stayed on 4th floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carl B, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I especially thank you for your very kind words about the team and Gwen in particular. We all look forward to your return.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

A+ customer service, top of the line hotel. Great location, right next to W. Broad St. Lots of shopping and entertainment. Hotel-very clean and modern. Staff- excellent customer service from the time you step through the doors until you leave. Gwen- at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cane33candy
I'd like to thank you for completing a review of your experience with us. I am particularly thankful for your kind words regarding Gwen. We look forward to your return.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here because I was spending the day visiting Monticello and surrounds.

It's an hour from there but was half the price of Charlottesville hotels at the time. It's only 20 minutes from downtown Richmond in a corporate park area. There are shopping malls all around, and a new development which looks great.

I like the layout of the room. It was large with a sink and fridge, working table, lounge area. The bedroom was separate by a half wall and the TV was well positioned on a swivel so you could watch from the sofa or from bed.

The bathroom was separated again, washstand outside of the wet area.

Free onsite parking, wifi and breakfast.

Bed, pillows, shower and toiletries were all excellent.

It was only one night but I was very comfortable here.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 404 was roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. It is not very often that I encounter a guest being able to take advantage of our proximity to Monticello/Charlottesville. I am very pleased that you discovered how easy of a day-trip it is to the Charlottesville area.

Blair
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect for the business traveler in the Glen Allen area. The staff is friendly and accommodating eager to help and provide for the needs of the guest. The rooms/bedding is comfortable and clean. Breakfast is plentiful and has a good variety the area is kept clean.
The bathroom (toilet/tub area) is very small. I am not a large person and had difficulty just turning around. The bathtub also has an issue with the sides of the tub sloping and although ours didn’t “rock” it felt like you needed to place your feet before closing your eyes or you could fall.
The elevators do seem to have “issues”. The staff had to “reset” them at one point but they continued to work. Two of the three days during our stay there was cleaning equipment in the pool area and no one around using it. Chairs were not set out and although they said we could use the pool it wasn’t very inviting. This was not a big problem for us just an FYI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela S
Carl B, Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and we are all very glad that you enjoyed the location and service. I am very sorry for the elevator trouble and am happy to inform you that the elevators are now undergoing some extensive work. We all look forward to your return.

Have a great day,
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed over Memorial Day. The 3 good - staff is really nice and seems to want to help. The complimentary breakfast really worked for us. They had excellent fresh made hot breakfast sandwiches, as well as waffles or French toast, and the regular run of continental selections. Fresh fruit was particularly tasty (though oatmeal was kind of runny). Last, decent rate all things considered.

The bad - The liners in the bathtubs are actually separated from the support, and soft, so they wobble and rock while you take a shower. Kind of like standing on a ship in rough seas, which may be dangerous to some (I found it a challenge to keep my balance when I closed my eyes to wash my hair). The faucet in the wet bar would only provide scalding hot water. Also potentially dangerous.

The ugly - the elevators broke down and were both out of service, and we were staying on the 6th floor, which meant hoofing it up/down 6 floors of stairs, including with our bags on departure day. This likely had to do with the clientele of teenagers over the weekend (Richmond was hosting tournaments in volleyball, soccer and lacrosse all at the same time). But this could be a big issue for the elderly or handicapped. The HVAC units are VERY loud, so you may have a choice of being cool and not getting a solid sleep or being hot, and not getting a solid sleep...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for the time you took to complete a review of your stay. We all truly appreciate your kind words about the staff and I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I am terribly sorry that the elevators experienced a failure during your stay. I am very happy to report that they are undergoing some fairly extensive work. While one will be down for about a week once it is back up and running it will be better than ever. As for the tub, I would love to track that room down. If you could contact me at Carl.Barnes@Hyatt.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Seoul, South Korea
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Since my email got sent back to me, I am writing this on here to Mr. Rakesh Sarna (Group President of The Hyatt Hotels Corporation):

Dear Mr. Sarna,

I am writing to let you know about my horrendous stay at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbruck where I'm currently staying. I checked in on April 22nd and will be checking out on April 27th.

I noticed ants in the bathtub on April 23rd. I alerted the cleaning staff yesterday before leaving the room and also let them know that they can clean the room. Upon arriving back to the hotel that night, the room hasn't been cleaned. Instead, there was a note explaining why the bed hasn't been made: clothes were left on the bed.

The ironing board was left out and other parts of the room had been untouched.

If there is a policy about leaving clothes out, hotel guests should be alerted beforehand. There should be some kind of written policy somewhere in the hotel room making it crystal clear. As for the ants, don't you think you should move your guests to another room without ants or immediately upgrade them to a nicer room?

In addition, the food in the breakfast buffet was cold and canned. Nothing was fresh, everything looked like it came straight out of a can/box. Absolutely unpalatable.

I spoke with a hotel staff member to inquire about being charged an additional $131.08 for no reason on top of the $497.20 I owed. She did not apologize at all and was quite indifferent to the whole matter. Absolutely unforgivable.

As a Hyatt Gold Member, I expect the highest service--the reason I choose to stay at any Hyatt wherever I am in the world. I've been sorely disappointed throughout my stay here, and will never stay here again, nor do I feel it is just for me to even pay a single cent for my stay here. What a travesty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carl B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the circumstances surrounding your stay. I personally reviewed your room and met with you the first morning of your stay. As soon as you brought the matter of the ants to my attention I took immediate action and addressed the room and called our third party support. I also committed to you that you would have access to the very next room available that morning. If an upgraded room is what you sought I would have loved to been in a position to provide one to you however all our rooms are built to the same standard and are essentially exactly the same. Again, I do apologize and did appreciate the direct communication we had and am dismayed that we did not meet your needs. I do hope that should your travels bring you back to Richmond you will contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Aloft Richmond West
Aloft Richmond West
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook? Share your experiences!