“Great location, wonderful service!”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed January 9, 2010

My mother, sister, neice and I stayed here over Christmas. My brother and his family live about ten minutes away, so it was an excellent location. Although I could've shared the bed with my Mom, I slept on the couch. There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room. We were the first room on the left past the front desk, so it was convenient. Right across the street there was ample shopping and we spent Christmas Eve all over those shops. My sister got sick Christmas day and the front desk looked up the directions to the nearest hospital for us. Breakfast each morning was great, too. And bring your swimsuit! There is a heated indoor pool!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Room was filthy, refrigerator didn’t work properly, no silverware, no dishwasher detergent, fixtures broken, smoke detector missing, A/C intermittently worked, phones marked as different room, lights out, lamps broken, filthy walls, terrible stains on couch…. I could go on and on and on. This stay was enough for me to swear off Comfort Suites and anything marketed as “Choice Hotels”. Management was informed of deficiencies shortly after arrival and did nothing. Accidentally left small device in room, called them, and they wouldn’t even go to the room to check for it. Computers broken in business center.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
vamit, Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2009

I really appreciate you taking time to provide us your feedback and sincerely apologise for the discomfort during your stay with us at Comfort Suites. We take a very serious view of any deficiencies pointed out by our valued clients and customers.
We have rectified the same and have addressed the issues with our staff to ensure it does not recur. However, this in no respect represents the service we provide to our customers and strive to meet and exceed their expectations.

amit

Reviewed February 14, 2009

I couldn't believe this was a Comfort Suites... it was fantastic. Clean, friendly, beautifully decortated... everything was new! We stayed on our way to driving to Florida and I'll stay at this Comfort Suites the next time I drive to Florida. GREAT VALUE!

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We were spending a day at King's Dominion and wanted a place to stay after our day there. All the hotels closest to King's Dominion had such bad/questionable reviews, we looked further. Boy, are we glad we did!

This hotel is about 30 minutes south of King's Dominion and was a total total surprise when we arrived. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was just wonderful. There is a marble spiral staircase in the lobby and the whole place is just gorgeous!

Traveling with 2 young children, we were very happy with our double-bed room that also included a pull-out sofa bed. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable and the bathroom actually had room to move around in and was very clean and well-maintained!

This hotel serves breakfast in the a.m. and it was very nicely set-up and they had nice table/chair arrangements so you could eat with your family and not be crowded in a too-small space and not even hear each other.

The location is in a very nice area and it was very quiet and convenient to fuel stations, malls, eateries, etc.

We were disappointed to only stay one night here. It's definitely worth the 30 minutes from King's Dominion to have such an outstanding experience after a long day at the park!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2008

This is the second time in two years that I've stayed at this property for work. I noticed in my second visit that soft goods in the common areas are looking a little worse for wear, as is the furniture in the room itself. If you're a cleanliness fanatic, you might be disappointed -- I noticed that the air vent in the bathroom was in dire need of a thorough vaccuming, and the carpet had a wierd in-need-of-shampooing feel to it if walking on bare feet.

I also didn't understand why there was no signage about giving the optioin to conserve towels, etc -- as a general rule, I don't need to have my sheets and towels changed out every day for short stays -- and was a little irritated that every time they cleaned the bathroom they took the soap!

Internet worked great, and the location can't be beat for business or shopping leisure.

Breakfast was fine -- a little light on fresh fruit options, but otherwise a good selection of things. Happy hour noshes may leave a little to be desired. However, you can't be too picky if it's free. :-)

All in all, a perfectly fine option.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2008

No bellman or anyone to help with luggage.
itchy sheets
bug bites I now have to go to a doctor.
phones not answered at front desk in middle of night. Someone answered after around 75 rings.
improper lighting
housekeeper knocked on door too early
other issues.
100% satisfaction guaranteed, but very small compensation for my inconvenience. polite general manager.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We stayed here March 28-30. It was a very big soccer weekend and there must of been 7 girls soccer teams at the hotel. It was my understanding that the hotel was booked full. I say this, because I couldn't of been happier with our stay.

Even though the hotel had all those girls getting ready for games in the morning the breakfast area was well stocked. Yes, it was messy, but given the traffic I can understand this. I was just impressed with the staff in keeping it stocked and there was always COFFEE.

I further liked that in between our games we were able to go back to the hotel and rest and the rooms were cleaned when we got there. I say this because in the past not all the hotels we've stayed at were able to clean the rooms in a timely manner. And for this hotel to be full and they had our rooms cleaned by 1pm I was happy.

I liked the size of the rooms. The bathroom was clean and the linen was appropriate for the class of hotel.

Yes, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008