“Happy Stay”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I needed a place near the church where I was attending a choral workshop and this was assigned to me by Hotwire. While it was not set up as other suites I have stayed in, there was a fridge and microwave. I require a wheelchair accessible room and this worked well. The hotel provides a breakfast but most foods were microwaved, but there were many restaurants in the area and that made it great for me. When I got ready to leave, I did find a sock that was not mine under the suitcase table that must have been left by prior occupants, but the rest of the place was clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and feedback with us. In reviewing recent reviews, I relaized that some of my responses did not post. I am pleased to hear that the room worked well for your needs. I'm sure you saw some of our on going renovations during your stay. We are complete with the renovations and the rooms look great. I appreciate the housekeeping comment as well. I did remind the housekeeping staff to pay closer attention to areas like the luggage bench you mentioned. We hope if you return to the area for a future Church function, that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Again, thank you.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this property September 14, 2013 for an event going on at Kings Dominion. The location was great and only about 30 minutes from the park. It was surrounded by tons of restaurants, shopping, and the location felt very safe. The property itself was slightly outdated but was very clean. They are currently renovating and I am sure it is going to look fantastic! I arrived a bit early because I didn't want to be stuck in traffic and there were no rooms ready BUT the awesome lady at the front desk was about to get me in a room about 20 minutes later. Later on the night we needed a few items and CHRISTIN was a ROCKSTAR!!!! She took excellent care of us!! Overall the staff was excellent!!! The only issue I had was dealing with the night Auditor Travis. He was by far one of the rudest people I have encountered at a front desk and I do a lot of traveling. He was grumpy, rude, nasty, and every other negative word you can use to describe someone in the hospitality industry. He would be the only reason I wouldn't recommend this property. If they got rid of this Travis guy this property would be top notch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

In reviewing recent comments and reviews- I realized that some of my responses did not post. I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback from your stay with us. We are complete with our renovations and the rooms do look great. I appreciate your comment on Christen and the staff, she is a valuable asset to our hotel. I am very sorry for the manner and unprofessional appearance that you received from the night auditor. I can assure you that this was addressed directly with him, and additional guest service training has taken place. I hope you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest and see the completed renovations on your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I usually try to look at the bright side of things, but not in this situation. This aging hotel may have been something in its heyday but now it has become dilapidated. Overall the hotel is modest with amenities like free breakfast, nice pool, and scenic views around the hotel; but that's it. I found this place on Priceline and paid extra for a room. I will say the front desk guy was helpful, but our housekeeper wasn't on her job. If we place towels on the floor in the bathroom it means can we have fresh towels. Not only did she ignore it but push them out her way so she can clean the bathroom. I will not stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Monske

In reviewing recent comments- I realized that some of my responses did not post. I would like to thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. I can assure you that continued training has been completed in our housekeeping department that has dramatically improved the level of cleaniness in our rooms. Your situation was addressed in this training. We have also completed a floor to celing renovation in all our guest rooms and public areas since your last visit with us. We are excited about the completed renovations and would encourage you to give us the opportunity to have you as our guest on your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've given this property multiple chances of the past few years. My frustration with this hotel began after several stays where the housekeeping staff had repeatedly knocked on my door, despite having a "do not disturb" sign on the door and a late checkout noted by the front desk. On one occasion the housekeeping staff went so far as to have the maintenance man force entry into my room while I was in the shower. During the checkout process of at least three of my visits to this hotel I brought the situation to the attention of management, yet, nothing has changed.

Perhaps the biggest drawback of a stay at Comfort Suites Innsbrook are the filthy and dated rooms. During my stay last night I captured images of a bathroom wall completely splattered with some unknown brown liquid, a shower with shocking amounts of mildew, furniture with multiple stains, and carpeting that is torn and frayed.

I travel nearly every week and stay at choice hotels on a regular basis. As a diamond elite member I can honestly say that I've never stayed at another property more filthy, more poorly maintained, or more poorly managed than Comfort Suites Innsbrook. Take it from a regular guest and someone who is also familiar with the area. There are multiple alternatives for accommodations in the area and I would recommend any of them over this particular property.

• Stayed: August 2013

In reviewing recent comments- I have noted that several of my responses from 2013 did not get posted. I would like to thank you for taking time to share your stays with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by housekeeping not allowing your late check out request and not honoring your DND request. We have made several changes in our procedures and have hopefully corrected that concern once and for all. Since your last stay, we have completed a floor to celing renovation of our guest rooms and public areas. All of the items you mentioned in the rooms have been addressed and replaced. We do vaule our loyal Diamond Members as well. I would ask that you give us an opportunity to be of service on your next visit to the Glen Allen/ Innsbrook area so you can see 1st hand the imporvements we have made. Again, thank you for taking time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel rooms are large and include a mini kitchen with a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and counter space. There is a full size living room with television and a separate bedroom with it's own television. The living room sofa pulls out into a sofa bed. I have lodged at this hotel twice and have had a good experience both times. Do not expect to be in the lap of luxury staying here, but it is a clean and comfortable Comfort Suites with a friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

In reviewing our guest comments- I have realized that some of my responses from 2013 did not post. I would like to thank you for taking time to give your valuable comments and feedback from your recent stays with us in 2013. I appreciate the remarks on our friendly staff and clean rooms. We have completed a floor to celing renovation in all our guest rooms and lobby area since your last visit. I would like you to stop by for a visit and tour on your next trip to the Glen Allen/ Innsbrook area. Again, thank you for taking time to share your stay with us.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I attended a conference in Richmond and stayed here for 2 nights. Upon my arrival I was given a room on the 3rd floor. When I got there the phone line was dead. Not that I was going to solely rely on the phone there but in case of an emergency, I wanted the phone to work. I requested another room. I was given a room right above the first one on the 4th floor. Again the phone did not work, it was totally dead. Again I requested another room and I was given one on the last floor very far away from the elevator. the phone finally work but as soon as I turned around after checking it, I saw a cockroach running across the room toward the bathroom. I could not sleep thinking that the bug was going to be roaming around and I couldn't request another room because there wasn't another available. I tried to spend as little as possible in the hotel and I decided not to even try the breakfast in the morning, who knew about roaches roaming by the food. It was more affordable than the other option but I learned my lesson, better pay more and be happy with every detail.
The second day I went to my room and the key did not work, I had to go down, wait for someone to help me and return to my room after a long day at the conference this minor issues seem to be 10k more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Petisita

In reviewing our recent comments, I realized that some of my replies to 2013 comments were not posted. I am verry sorry you had to experience the maintenance issue with your telephone and having to relocate rooms several times .I can assure you that your comment regarding the pest is not a common occurance here in our hotel. I have had 2 instances im my year and 1/2 here with a pest/insect sighting, and the 2nd was determined to be a " stink bug" We have an outside pest company that was called to service your room after you departed. We normally do not have issues or concerns with our Keys. I am sorry yours de-magnetized prior to check out. Soon after your departure in July, we started and extensive renovation that has been completed in our guest rooms and lobby area. I would ask that you stop in on your next visit to the Glen Allen- Innsbrook area and see what we have done. Again, thank you for your comments and valuabe feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have read some of the negative reviews and wonder if I stayed in the same hotel. My room was very clean, didn't smell, was well appointed and completely satisfactory. Common areas were clean, well-lit, and inviting. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. My experience was excellent. I did note some wear on carpets in the halls, but they were clean. When I complimented my room to the desk clerk at check-out I was surprised to hear that they are labout to undergo a complete renovation. (There are several storage containers in the parking lot, I assume to house building supplies for this renovation.) The breakfast area is well laid-out, well stocked, and very clean. The breakfast, typical for Comfort Inns, is quite satisfactory. I was completely satisfied with my stay and will book here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive stay with us from last week. We do strive to provide a clean, comfortable and secure place to stay for all our guests. I am glad to hear we hit our goals during your stay. We are excited about our upcoming renovations and I am glad to hear the staff is talking about it with our guests. I have shared you comments with the entire staff. Again, thank you. We look forward to having you back as our guests on your future travels to Glen Allen (Richmond) Va.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook
#8 of 23 in Glen Allen
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Comfort Suites Innsbrook? Share your experiences!