“Awesome Place to Stay!”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights while on vacation, and loved every minute of it! No complaints except that we'd reserved a dbl bed suite and when we got there pretty late our first night and got to the room they gave us it was a single bed suite, I card front desk and asked what was up w/ that and they apologized and said they'd move us to proper room the next day, but that night my 10yr old daughter actually enjoyed the pull out couch/bed and chose to just keep the room we were given :) she's the boss anyhow! But as far as the hotel goes in general, it was great! We will defiantly stay there again next time we're in the area!

• Stayed: August 2012
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is our personal goal to try and make sure that everyone's stay is as enjoyable as possible. We look forward to providing you the same great service and experience the next time you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

During my stay I noticed my blankets had so much hair in them and I hadn't slept in the bed yet. Also the floor in the bathroom was tore up and the outside door handle to room was broke and you had to finagle to get in it. The worst part was the power and hot water went out, no not the hotels fault but I was in the middle of a shower when it happened and the staff was pretty nonchalant at dealing with the situation. I thought since I was set to stay 3 night maybe they would refund 1 or a half of 1 night.... NO, I received a $20 credit and I went without power for a couple of hours and no hot water - I have no idea when the hot water came back because I checked out. The plus is this is a great location, right in the middle of shops and places to eat and near a lot of business locations.

• Stayed: August 2012
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your stay with us. It is important for me to get this information so that I may put the necessary changes in place to insure they do not happen again. In reference to the power outage I did instruct my front desk personnel to refund any guests that were affected by the power outage a refund of $20 dollars for the inconvenience. The power was out from 3-6pm and the parking lot was pretty empty when we were dealing with the outage so I was hoping that the outage would not have a major effect on our guests stay. I completely understand where you are coming from and apologize for the fact that you had to stop in the middle of showering for the power. If I had known at the time that you were in that situation I would have certainly offered a larger discount on your stay to compensate. I take cleanliness very seriously and I apologize for the bedding not being the standard that we expect. I have spoken to my housekeeping supervisor and we will put the necessary steps in place to insure this does not happen again. I really appreciate the time that you took to give your honest review of our hotel and will definitely use this information improve for any future stays you may have when you are in the Glen Allen area.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The room was large, comfortable and clean with modern amenities like a large flat screen. Bathroom was modern and very clean as was the whole room. Bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate at best.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave F
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you very much for you kind words in regards to your last stay with us. My staff and I try very hard to insure that all of out guests have the best stay possible. We look forward to giving you the same great service the next time you are in the Glen Allen area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Room was very large for an excellent price. Had a kitchen, dining area, living room and separate bedroom. Bathroom was very large with jacuzzi tub, two sinks and separate shower. Breakfast was standard continental fare. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for you kind review of our property. My team and I appreciate the time that you took to give us this kind review and really appreciate your opinion of our hotel. We look forward to offering you the same great experience the next time you are in the Glen Allen area. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was a one night stay to meet our son's fiance, but I wouldn't stay here again. I'm glad I brought flip flops - carpet feels damp to my bare feet, probably having been "refreshed" so much. The bathroom tiles feel sticky, so flip flops in there too. There's a stain on the wall beside the bed as if a cola drink had been sloshed. The only positive is the location - within a stone's throw of Short Pump shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback in regards to your last stay with us. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff and implemented some new inspection procedures in regards to cleaning. We are also currently painting all of the rooms in the hotel and having all of the carpets shampooed. I really appreciate your helpful feedback and would love the opportunity to show you the level of quality you expect the next time you are in the Richmond area. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was thrilled to discover this hotel as an arrangement through Hotwire. The room stated normal pricing over $90 before taxes. Including tax, it came to about $65 on a Saturday night. There were of us in our room and we were pleasantly surprised with 2 double beds and a pull out couch. Beautiful indoor pool and clean up dated amenities were everywhere. Set in a very cooperate area of town, it was nice and quiet and kept pristine as I can imagine this would draw a lot of business traffic during the week.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise with home made waffles, fruits, cereals, yogurt, eggs, etc. 2 types of juice and several types of coffee. Beats any deal at a Waffle House or the like as this for the 4 in our party would have cost us another $40 that morning. If you can snatch a deal like we did, I would jump on it as I think you'd be hard pressed to find better in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the lobby as I can imagine it might be noisy in the morning during breakfast.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. We look forward to giving you same great stay you had this time the next time you are in the are. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We should have known what to expect when we entered the front doorway and it had not been swept or cleaned in quite some time. Our room was so dirty that we had to put a blanket over the couch to cover up the stains. The lampshade on the desk lamp was falling off. The wall lamp was falling off the wall. My wife said that she was afraid to take her shoes off in the room because the carpet was so staine and dirty looking. One night when we turned on the cold water faucet we got nothing but hot water. We had to clean the coffee pot out each day, even the first day. We should have left the first night but our rooms were nonrefundable prepaid. This was a nice area Innsbrook "Short Pump" with many other hotels nearby. If you need a job apply here. There might be some openings in management and supervision, there is definitely a need.

2  Thank Jimmy30263

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful feedback in reference to your previous stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us. It is my personal goal to make sure that all of our guests have the best stay possible. It is very helpful to receive this type of information so that I can make the necessary changes with my staff to insure these isolated incidents do not happen regularly. I have spoken with housekeeping and have implemented some new procedures to help with these types of situations so that they will not be repeated. I have also spoken with the management company of the hotel and we are scheduled for major capital improvements to begin before the end of this year which will include updating the soft goods like couches and chairs. Again thank you very much for bringing these deficiencies to my attention and I would invite you to come back if you are in the Richmond area to see our improvements and allow me and my team to show you how we can provide you the type of stay you would expect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn

Been to Comfort Suites Innsbrook? Share your experiences!