“Pretty Nice, rooms need upgrading”

Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
California
“Pretty Nice, rooms need upgrading”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Good nights sleep, room was clean, but pretty worn and needs some upgrading. The new General Manager was nice and professional.

The only real issue I had was on Sunday morning when it would have been great to sleep in, I was woken up by housekeeping vacuuming the hallway rug outside the door at 8:45am. I called downstairs and the owner answered the phone, I asked him why they were doing this on a Sunday morning, he actually laughed at my question and said he would let them know. This tells me that he obviously didn't take my call seriously.

I had been staying at this hotel for a few days, and no other days did housekeeping vacuum the hall. They actually picked Sunday to do this task.

I don't expect much from hotels, but what I do demand is, the guest should never be woken up by housekeeping, and always respect the Do not Disturb sign. The guest should never be inconvenienced by housekeeping. Many hotels seem to forget, a hotel is run by it's management, not the housekeeping staff. They should also remember, the guest comes first!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Choice-MemberDiamond
Jesse M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for you honest review. We have spoken personally and I hope that we were able to resolve any small issues that you had during your stay. Thank you for the tips for my trip to New Orleans. i looked like a hero with everyone having so many place to go. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Pros: quick check in, spacious breakfast area, lots of breakfast selections.

Cons: dated carpet in hallways, only one working elevator (which was a huge problem since there were so many kids from a soccer tournament staying there), bathroom in room with peeling paper, broken tiles and dirty grout, and the smallest soap dish in the shower stall that could only hold a travel size bar of soap...no place to put shampoo, wash rag, etc. and the internet was unreliable.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank ivcoffeeuser
Lawrenceville, NJ
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed here with my wife and two small children to attend a wedding nearby. Richmond is easy access. Plenty of parking. The front desk service was very good (after seeing a bunch of reservations with the same last name, the front desk manager proactively made sure that our room was near the rest of my extended family). The rooms were no frills, but they looked new, very clean, and good A/C. The internet access was decent. Indoor pool was a bit small, but great for kids. Free breakfast comparable to other hotel chains. For the money, a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We chose this hotel due to location, price, and ability to sleep six in the same room. We were traveling from MI to NC and stopped here overnight. We had 2 kids on the pullout bed, and four adults in the two double beds. We had a somewhat challenging time finding it since it was in an office complex-type of area and rather dark with poor signage. The gentleman behind the counter was friendly and courteous, and despite what appeared to be his limited eyesight, was quick and efficient with check-in. We arrived around 9 pm and hustled the kids to the indoor pool, which closed at 10 pm. The rugs throughout the hallways appeared dirty, stained, and in need of major cleaning or replacement. Pool area was clean and just warm enough, not stifling. Room was cozy, but not a problem. Half wall between sofa bed and bed was a nice divider. Had to ask for extra towels since we had 6 in the room and only 4 towels in the bathroom. Bathroom not great...the tub floor did not feel solid, and seemed to "pop" sometimes when you stepped around. There was a lot of mold/mildew behind the wallpaper around the shower enclosure, and more than a few hairs from (I assume) previous guests on the ceiling and walls. The hot water took a long time to heat up. Venting was average. Pillows were small and square, about 15x15 inches and not supportive--felt like a light foam filling. Mattress was firm but comfortable. Air conditioning worked well, somewhat loud blower. Breakfast was excellent, with a huge selection of foods, from cereals and bagels and muffins to yogurt, waffles, omelets, ham, several kinds of fruit, coffee, two kinds of juice, tea, plus all of the condiments (cream cheese, jelly, etc.) needed. An excellent value for under $100 a night when you include the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MIOBXLVR
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I should have suspected something was up when a disgruntled guest was telling the desk clerk Travis that they wanted to get out of this hotel, and go to another. But I had already made my reservation and didn't want to rock the applecart. Now I wish I had.

I had a very unpleasant experience with Travis. My personal check in was neither pleasant, nor simple.

While being a non-smoking hotel, my room had a serious stench of cigarettes.

The worst part was the hotel pool. I used it one evening, and after getting in noticed that the filter was off. When I read the maintenance board, it hadn't been updated in four days. If the pool wasn't working or maintained, why was it open?!

Very bad experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank DCpatron
maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2010

My son and I stayed here a week for work. From the moment we checked in I was pleased. The staff in this hotel went out of the their way for us.The nicest people We felt like they were family

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed January 9, 2010

My mother, sister, neice and I stayed here over Christmas. My brother and his family live about ten minutes away, so it was an excellent location. Although I could've shared the bed with my Mom, I slept on the couch. There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room. We were the first room on the left past the front desk, so it was convenient. Right across the street there was ample shopping and we spent Christmas Eve all over those shops. My sister got sick Christmas day and the front desk looked up the directions to the nearest hospital for us. Breakfast each morning was great, too. And bring your swimsuit! There is a heated indoor pool!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family