“good place to be”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Ft. Wayne
“good place to be”
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I went there on a business convention and shared my room with a fellow associate- I was very happy with the accomodation- Very good amenities in rooms- bed was comfy and sofa bed was good to sleep in- The hi- speed was good was a little slow but is acceptable. the shower to tap button was not there but i didnt mind- hopefully the the maid put it to the information of the maintenance person( #520).

Was a good breakfast- Although there is scope of improvement- Being a vegan they have limited choice for in the hot section- the mashed potato had meat in it- or was it mashed potato? seemed like it!!!!

Good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FHF_CIS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I hardly ever write reviews, but felt it necessary to talk about my pleasurable experience with Comfort Suites while in town visiting Kings Dominion. The hotel is located in the Innsbrook business district which is easily accessible from Hwy 64 W. It's close to shops, fast food eateries and there's a Wal-Mart within a 5 min drive. I was very impressed with this hotel and pleased with the level of service that it provided. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast featured sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, pastries, juice, muffins... and that was just the first morning of our stay. The pool is located indoors and was clean. My kids practically lived in it. Hotel staff slid the bill under the door on the morning of our check out, so we only needed to turn in the room keys. This is a pretty classy hotel for the price. My only complaint is that the mattresses were hard and the pillows weren't too comfortable. Other than that, our stay was great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, VA
Reviewed October 17, 2005

The room was spacious and accommodating. It was so quiet I slept past breakfast. I am sure that is good as well. I saw a waffle iron.

The shower is very exhilerating with the different settings on the showerhead. The bathroom accommodates the coffee machine. Also, some toiletries (lotion, shampoo and conditioner)

The bed was VERY comfortable... too comfortable.

The room has a refrigerator and microwave. Also, a sofa ( did not check if it was a pull-out). The closet had a iron board, iron, 2 extra pillows and blanket.

What a nice get-away...thanks! Become a priority member. I had a great LATE CHECK-OUT...extra hours to sleep.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank 804Lady
syracuse
Reviewed April 22, 2005

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was very helpful, and the receptionist at the desk at night was wonderful. The room was very large, with a microwave and refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet - we didn't hear a sound at night. The business center with computers was helpful, and the laundry machines on the same floor were great. Breakfast was more than I expected. The price was right and I would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

2 Thank hoyaalum
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I stayed in the Comfort Suites for my anniversary. We stayed in a 2-person whirlpool suite room costing $125 a night with AAA. It was a great room... clean and updated kitchen with cherry cabinets, beautiful cherry dining room table, nice comfortable sofa and chairs in the family room with a tv, separate king bedroom with a tv, and a fabulous bathroom with a 2-person whirlpool tub along with a separate shower and large vanity. It was a very cozy, romantic room. The room had 12 ft ceilings and cherry crown molding that looked so classy. My only problem was when I called to reserve a 2-person whirlpool room they said it was a minimum of 2 nights on the room. When I got to the hotel I went in and asked again in person, and they gave me the room for 1 night with no questions. The pool was perfect, and much larger than most indoor pools. The fitness room had 4 machines but was neat and clean. They provide a free continental breakfast until 10am, free coffee all day, and great staff. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for a romantic night! It's also a mile from a beautiful mall (Short Pump Mall), and tons of area attractions.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glen Allen, VA
Reviewed April 2, 2005

My wife and I stayed Saturday Night - (4/3/05) at the Comfort Suites. Overall, we were very pleased with the Hotel. The staff was courteous, the room was excellent, the breakfast was very good (except they didn't have bread to make toast).

But the cleanliness in the lobby area was a problem. When we pulled up front to check in, I was a little concerned when I noticed both Trash Containers on each side of the entrance was overflowing with trash.

The next morning when my wife and I came down for breakfast, the eating area had not been cleaned from the night before. There was trash all over the place and boxes of empty beer bottles and cans in the eating area.

1 Thank jimmoore53
Reviewed February 8, 2005

This is the 3rd time my family has stayed at this hotel. All 3 times, there were problems. 1st time, the the matress in the room was old, and had holes in it. The pool's heater was also broken. 2nd time, we couldn't even use the pool because someone broke a beer bottle inside the pool. If we wanted to swim, we would have to cross the street to the Hampton Inn to swim. 3rd time wasn't so bad, except that the heater was broken again!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member