“Totally clueless”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Lexington, Virginia
“Totally clueless”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is a lovely property. The breakfast was great. The room was nicely appointed. BUT it has some real shortcomings. For starters, there is no wireless in the rooms. You had to use their SHORT ethernet cable - and it was SLOW SLOW SLOW. Couldn't believe they supposedly focus on the business traveler. Then - the second day, I came back to the room and sat at the table to check email, etc. I discovered brown gooey stuff on my hands. While I was trying to wash it off, my husband came in and sat down at the computer. I came back into the room to discover he had gotten this brown goo on his light gray shirt and khaki pants. Investigation showed it was all over the edge of the table, on the back of the chairs and along the front of the dresser. I called the desk to express my dismay. The young man offered to send our clothes to the dry cleaners. He did not understand why I was upset with them for doing touch up and failing to leave any sort of notice to be careful! He said, "it should be dry." Trust me -- IT WASN'T. I told him to have the manager call which he did a few minutes later. He also offered to dry clean our clothes (yes, I had it on my sweater and slacks, too). Since we were checking out the next morning, I did not care to leave our clothes to have them mailed back to us. Again, he just didn't seem to get why I was upset - the mess was awful and they were so stupid as to see no reason to warn a guest that they had literally painted the furniture that day. He finally agreed to adjust our bill for the night's lodging, which was appropriate. To this day, I'm sure he thinks I was unreasonable to be angry!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Dakota2037

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Philly
Reviewed October 24, 2010

First, be careful when using any type of automated directions for this location (Google Maps, GPS, etc.). None of them could figure out how to get us there, we just poked around the office park and finally found it. That's not the property's fault, just a warning if you are not familiar with the area . The property is typical Homewood Suites, very large, clean, comfortable room with a fine breakfast in a relaxed atmosphere. I'm not sure what is happening with the evening reception, but this is the second straight Homewood without beer/wine. Not sure if I've been in states where this is not allowed or that some properties are cutting back. Just an FYI... this is in an office park and you will have to drive for dinner, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Such a nice, neat, clean hotel. Everything felt luxurious: the large bedrooms with tons of closet space, the comfortable beds, clean well kept bathroom, kitchen & living area, and an extensive breakfast in a gorgeous room behind the lobby. Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Having reviewed all the hotels in the Kings Dominion area (N/S/E/W), I couldn't find any with descent reviews (I have this thing about being clean, no bugs, & a descent bed; doesn't have to be 5 star, and the price can't be too high either, but I'd rather drive a little further & pay a little more, to have a half-way descent place to crash). After spending a day @ Kings Dominion along with the Kings Fest concert, I was wide awake and thought, boy, I could've drove home but too late now, already booked this 1/2 hr. away hotel. Boy, was it worth it! Checking in at 11:30 p.m., I was greeted by a friendly, sweet manager, who promptly found my reservation, provided a wealth of information on breakfast hours, pool hours, two keys (that worked the first time) and accurate parking and room directions. She also filled my little igloo with ice without me asking. Now the fun part begins...there was plenty of well-lit parking, elevators that quietly and promptly worked, hallways that were clean, no odors, and well lit; then the room was an immaculate, gorgeous suite with everything I could've asked for. The beds were pulled down, clean, and very comfortable; there was no noise (including the working air conditioner that was the perfect temperature after being in 100 plus degree heat, plenty of towels, a full-size refrigerator and clean kitchen, the bath room (and shower curtain) were clean, clean, clean! All the plumbing including toilet, sinks had NO leaks. All the light bulbs worked and no humming or buzzing. The carpet was newer and clean. The two televisions worked without incident. My son and I both zonked out without being woken up by hospitality, noise, nothing (bonus: check out is noon). Next bonus: breakfast hours 7 to 10 a.m. and included a waffle grille, and a full array of foods, and drinks. The atmosphere was pleasant and check-out uneventful with no hidden fees. I have stayed in many hotels, including around the world, some excellent, some not fit for a dog, but not only was this an affordable place, I will gladly give it a 5 star and not hesitate to recommend it. The only sad part was it wasn't a little closer to Kings Dominion or my home town (where I'd recommend locals). I'd gladly stay there again!
Pam, single Mom with kid
Waynesboro, VA
p.s. There was a pool but it finally decided to rain so we didn't use it. Ran out of time so didn't check out the fitness center either.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank justmeandmykid
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We had a block of 50 rooms here for our wedding weekend and the hotel was outstanding. It has a perfect location very close to everything you need. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bathrooms are spacious and very new.

The pool is a great area and is kept in great condition. They had a lot of rooms booked for the weekend and had plenty of breakfast for the morning. It is a great breakfast and is kept well stocked!!

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly throughout the weekend. They provided a hospitality room and were always making sure everything we needed we had. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying for business or needing to book a wedding party!!!

A special thank you to Suzanne Nicar for all her help in the process and if you need a corporate or personal event, give her a call and she will take care of you!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank mickman8
Northern Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We had a great time staying at Homewood Suites for the Spring NASCAR race. The rooms have been updated, flat screen TVs in both rooms, full size fridge with icemaker, and all the space you need.

Breakfast menu has been expanded, this time they had yummy potato pancake type potatoes, along with the waffles, eggs of the day, and breakfast meat of the day.

The staff was great, they will even give you ice from the pantry in the morning to take to the track. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. We already have our reservations for the September race!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My daughter and I spent two nights at Homewood, with a baby and 5 year old. While the bedroom with two queens was sufficent and clean, the studio part smelled like smoke. Took a while to figure out why - the drapes probably haven't been cleaned for 5 years. If we weren't exhausted from our trip there, probably would have complained. I'm an HHilton Honors customer - this is by far the worst Hilton affiliated hotel I've stayed at. I would have preferred a cleaner, newer Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
HYATT House Richmond-West
HYATT House Richmond-West
#5 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!