“Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very professional and courteous. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the exception of the kids kicking the soccer balls in the hallway. We did not report it to the staff.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here when I ran in the Richmond half marathon. While the staff was very nice, the rooms were clean, and the facility was nice, I think I could have gotten more for the money I paid, I do like the idea of a kitchenette, although I didn't use it. The big disappointment was using throw away plates and plasticware rather than read dishes and silverware. Not only that, breakfast consisted of the Jimmy Dean Omelettes and the processed sausages, I liked the French Toast sticks I had, though. There was fruit on the bar, but no fruit cup. Homewood Suites is nice for business travelers because they have dinner during the week. For a weekend pleasure trip, I would just as soon stay at a Hampton Inn, which is part of the same family of hotels from Hilton.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The staff are very helpful and accommodating. We come to Richmond often and always stay here, it's like a 2nd home. We love it! The breakfast is always very good with lots of choices. The location is very convenient to all areas of Richmond yet off the beaten path, an oasis.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is our 2nd time in staying at a Homewood Suites, having loved our first stay (in New Mexico.) We are a family of 4 with 2 rambunctious boys, so I called everywhere to make sure the suite was actually 2 separate rooms with 2 separate tvs. (I'm not watching Sponge Bob just to have peace, thank you.) The location is 17 minutes from Richmond's downtown historical and cultural area, which is where we spent all our time, but there are plenty of food places and shopping very close by the hotel if that's what you want. (And there are plenty of hotels closer to Richmond's downtown than this one, but you won't find 2 tvs in the suites, I checked!) The bed and linens were seriously the most comfortable, coziest and clean I have ever experienced; I was quite happy to get in bed right after dinner and read in serious cozy comfort for hours. The hot breakfast buffet is great too, something for everyone.(And the buffet ladies were so nice, they deserve a shout out!) The suite's kitchenette is great if you have kids (or stay for long visits) This is a great hotel in this price range.

Room Tip: I could hear ladies in the next room chatting, so perhaps a corner room?
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel seemed well kept overall. The computer desk was broken and leaning to the left and even after I notified the front desk nothing was done about it. And the bed and sheets were far from comfortable.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I checked in later than I expected to and it was a breeze. The host at the desk had me ready to head up to my room in minutes. He asked if I need anything and I said no. I went to my suite on the 4th floor away from the elevator and opened the door and was pleasantly surprised by how well stocked the kitchen was. Pots and pans, dishes for 4 people. Dish towel and dish rags. The refrigerator was spotless and the ice maker was very useful. They even provided a can opener, spatula and slotted spoons. I bought paper towels but to my surprise, they already had them there. I unloaded my groceries and turned on the Flat screen tv in the living room. There's a couch and a chair. Very comfortable. When I got to the bedroom (which has privacy doors) I felt like I was home. There was another flat screen tv and desk along with the king sized bed. The bathroom was spotless and the vanity had a granite top. It was very comfortable. I was there by myself until my friend got off of work and did not worry about my safety for one second. I cooked a full meal for my friend and myself to enjoy and we truly enjoy the stay. There was not a DVD player but I took my laptop, hooked it up to the tv and went to the red box at the 7-11 right up the street and watched movies all weekend long. My friend enjoy the complementary breakfast from 7-10am. We didn't go to the pool. I will the next time. This hotel is located in a business park but everything is so close to it. We definitely enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff was very friendly including the housekeepers. We will stay again the next time I'm visiting my friend in VA.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Three adults and a 3 year old wanted a two bedroom suite near Short Pump. We stayed here it has a hotel feel, with a lounge/kitchenette and a bedroom off either side. Bedrooms had an en suite with bath/shower, one room was a queen bed and the other two doubles.

The room was equipped but without an oven, it had a hob microwave and fridge/freezer. They came and cleaned every day, but only the basics, would of preferred them hovering at least.

The location was great only 5 minutes from I94 and I295 and just off west broad street with the big shopping mall and numerous restaurants. We ate a couple of times at the Silver Diner just around the corner which I recommend 110%.

Breakfast was the standard breakfast you get, toast, waffles, a couple of hot choices etc. Unfortunately after a couple of days it became a bit boring :(

Overall I would stay again if the price was right, but would look around!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!