“Need a good place to stay in Richmond, VA?”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed May 14, 2013

If coming to Richmond, VA stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End. Not only will you have a wonderful suite, but the staff is awesome. House keeping keeps the rooms nice and clean.

You are in a quiet location but just two turns and you are in the middle of everything.

Breakfast and dinner are delicious and plenty to eat. If you don't like what they are having, you are a stones throw to many resturants and several deliver here.

Don't pass up this place to stay, easy on and off interstate 64.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms that are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was very pleased with the pleasantness of the staff. From the check in to the mornig breakfast, they were available, attentive and friendly....definitely interested in making the stay confortable.

Dinner delivery available form many local restaurants. Ask the front deak for menus or there are some in the room.

The rooms? Just like any othe Homewood Suites. Clean, contemporary - although, probably due for a remodel in anither 2 years.

Would definitely reccomend as a good alternative to the very pricet Hilton nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The quality of the suites was amazing. The kitchen had everything you needed including a full size refrigerator that was very cold. The kitchen utensils were not cleaned well enough in the room i stayed in but that did not bother me as i did not need to use them. The best part of staying at this hotel is that they serve a great dinner mon-thurs for free. And the complimentary breakfast was very nice as well. The suite furniture is very nice and comfortoble. i was surprised at how comfortable the bed was. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and they will be seeing me again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Homewood Suites in Glen Allen lived up to the Hilton reputation. The suite was spacious and attractive. It contained a kitchen, sitting area, bedroom and bath. The bed was comfortable. The rooms were very clean. The meals were delicious. We loved the relaxing atmosphere in the dining area, especially during breakfast. The staff was pleasant and eager to please. It is a kid friendly place. This Hotel location is near interstate 295 and 64, It is easy to get to from any direction. My wife and I were pleased with what we got for our $$$. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Shortly after checkin my wife was working out in the fitness center and my oldest daughter had already went to sleep on the pull out sofa bed. I was lying in my bed watching tv and my youngest daughter was getting in the other bed in the room when she noticed a dead bed bug! I immediately packed everyone up and loaded the car. I took the dead bedbug to the front desk and showed it to the desk agent. She did not offer any help and didnt even say sorry? I did receive a full refund but will NEVER stay in a Homewood Suites again. We left and had to travel 40 minutes north in the middle of the night after driving 8 hours from Atlanta to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn at a increased price. This was after spending an hour in CVS parking lot spraying down all of our luggage with bed bug killer! Not happy at all!

1  Thank Kenneth S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

THE GOOD
Check in was easy and very fast. They had my reservation ready when I arrived. The ambiance of the hotel was nice. I saw a van out front that I surmise is used as a shuttle for nearby shopping. I did not use this perk , though. I like home woods because the rooms are generally nicer. This hotel was no exception. I was impressed by the room. There were two televisions and the layout of my king suite was very functional.

The evening meals were substantial. You have real dinners rather than cheese and pretzels like they do at some hotels. I was also fond of the breakfasts. I am particularly fond of sausage patties and sausage links. They had one or the other every morning if the week while I was there.

If you like adult beverages, they do not serve them at this location because they are in Enrico county and they do not have a restaurant license. Any alcohol must be in cups or other containers. I think this is s plus, but it may deter some people from choosing to stay here.

THE BAD
There is usually not much bad regarding homewoods. However, I am somewhat ultra sensitive to the selections of the television channels. If a hotel is going to have Fox News, then, for me, it must have MSNBC, also. If you are not politically inclined, then this is not a big deal. Besides, you need to be outside anyway.

The other thing that I did not like is that my air conditioning unit was really loud. I found myself turning the television up every time the unit would kick on. Then I would have to turn the television down because the television would then be too loud hen the unit would cycle off.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel that needs a priority location in your choice of lodging.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a wonderful hotel/suites this was. We were pleasantly surprised at the space and how comfortable this room was! Great beds!! and having a living/kitchen component gave us great flexibility for our stay. Great comped full breakfast as well. Highly recommend it and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Michael C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is always to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, so it is great to hear that we have succeeded in doing that for you! Please give us a call the next time you are in town, and we would love the opportunity to be your 'home away from home' again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
#5 of 82 in Richmond
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!