“Outstanding!”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Ocean City, Maryland
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Homewood Suites in Glen Allen lived up to the Hilton reputation. The suite was spacious and attractive. It contained a kitchen, sitting area, bedroom and bath. The bed was comfortable. The rooms were very clean. The meals were delicious. We loved the relaxing atmosphere in the dining area, especially during breakfast. The staff was pleasant and eager to please. It is a kid friendly place. This Hotel location is near interstate 295 and 64, It is easy to get to from any direction. My wife and I were pleased with what we got for our $$$. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Shortly after checkin my wife was working out in the fitness center and my oldest daughter had already went to sleep on the pull out sofa bed. I was lying in my bed watching tv and my youngest daughter was getting in the other bed in the room when she noticed a dead bed bug! I immediately packed everyone up and loaded the car. I took the dead bedbug to the front desk and showed it to the desk agent. She did not offer any help and didnt even say sorry? I did receive a full refund but will NEVER stay in a Homewood Suites again. We left and had to travel 40 minutes north in the middle of the night after driving 8 hours from Atlanta to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn at a increased price. This was after spending an hour in CVS parking lot spraying down all of our luggage with bed bug killer! Not happy at all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Kenneth S
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

THE GOOD
Check in was easy and very fast. They had my reservation ready when I arrived. The ambiance of the hotel was nice. I saw a van out front that I surmise is used as a shuttle for nearby shopping. I did not use this perk , though. I like home woods because the rooms are generally nicer. This hotel was no exception. I was impressed by the room. There were two televisions and the layout of my king suite was very functional.

The evening meals were substantial. You have real dinners rather than cheese and pretzels like they do at some hotels. I was also fond of the breakfasts. I am particularly fond of sausage patties and sausage links. They had one or the other every morning if the week while I was there.

If you like adult beverages, they do not serve them at this location because they are in Enrico county and they do not have a restaurant license. Any alcohol must be in cups or other containers. I think this is s plus, but it may deter some people from choosing to stay here.

THE BAD
There is usually not much bad regarding homewoods. However, I am somewhat ultra sensitive to the selections of the television channels. If a hotel is going to have Fox News, then, for me, it must have MSNBC, also. If you are not politically inclined, then this is not a big deal. Besides, you need to be outside anyway.

The other thing that I did not like is that my air conditioning unit was really loud. I found myself turning the television up every time the unit would kick on. Then I would have to turn the television down because the television would then be too loud hen the unit would cycle off.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel that needs a priority location in your choice of lodging.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a wonderful hotel/suites this was. We were pleasantly surprised at the space and how comfortable this room was! Great beds!! and having a living/kitchen component gave us great flexibility for our stay. Great comped full breakfast as well. Highly recommend it and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is always to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, so it is great to hear that we have succeeded in doing that for you! Please give us a call the next time you are in town, and we would love the opportunity to be your 'home away from home' again!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We always stay at Homewood Suites when we can. This one seemed in need of an upgrade. We had ripped carpeting in our room and it seemed rather dated as a whole. The pull out sofa was very uncomfortable, even for a pull out sofa. That being said, we'd still choose this hotel over others. The value is excellent. The room layout is very convenient. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ashburn, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent three nights a month for the past six months at the Homewood Suites and had a positive experience. On the one occasion when I had problems with the room, managment did a good job addressing my problem. The rooms are large and spacious and it was nice having a separate sitting area as well as the kitchen. It made my multi-night stays much more bearable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Baldwinsville, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice Suite, lots of room for two people. Great complimentary breakfast, great service. The area where the hotel is located is near all sorts of malls and shops, you will always find something to do in the area. Quite, clean rooms!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
On behalf of the Homewood Suites Richmond West Team, I want to thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay....it is always our goal to ensure that we exceed your expectations, and that you have all of the comforts of home while you are here! Thank you again from the entire staff here, and please let us know when you are in town next! We would love to have you here again!