Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Loudon, Tennessee
“Nice stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here one night with my sisters while visiting my niece. The location was near Short Pump where we dined at the Cheesecake Factory. The room worked out great for us with two beds and a sleeper sofa (which was actually pretty comfortable). I liked having the sink/vanity separate from the shower/toilet especially with three women showering, applying make up, etc.
We did not partake of the evening buffet as we had dinner plans but we did have breakfast which was the usual fare in hotels - scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, cereal, waffles, etc. I was very disappointed the evening drinks were not offered!
The check in was fast, the room was good, breakfast decent - I see no reason not to stay here!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AFloridaGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stopped here for the night so I could make it to the Warrior Dash Virginia this year. Overall I thought the hotel was doing a fine job and almost everything was as expected.

Check-in was fast and efficient. The front desk agent was very friendly and informative about what was available at the hotel and also answered my questions without any hesitation. The room was spacious, as is typical for a Homewood Suites, and well kept except for the bathroom. This was my only real complaint because of two things specifically. First in the middle of the night the cover for the light in the bathroom came crashing down on its own which woke me up and was quite startling. Also there was absolutely no hot water in the morning when I tried to take a shower. I'm not really sure what the issue was but since I was about to crawl through mud I wasn't bothered much. Any other time it would have been a unacceptable inconvenience.

There was one more thing that happened that I wanted to touch on. I checked in using my credit/debit card and then cut my stay short because of changes to my groups plans. This lead to a little bit of an issue that I see people complaining about regularly. I checked my credit card statement when I got back home that weekend and noticed that there was what looked like a charge for over twice the bill I had been given when I checked out. This was because I used a Debit card when I checked in, it is policy for all hotels to put a hold on a debit card's funds to ensure that they will get paid. This is what happened to me and since I left a day early and my stay was over the weekend it took longer for the Bank to process. I called the hotel to confirm this was the situation and not the light cover that had fallen and the lady that answered the phone was very friendly and assured me that I was only charged for what was on my bill.

I just wanted to explain that situation for people since I see it as a common issue people bring up in reviews.

Good hotel and I recommend it as a choice for extended stays as the full kitchen is a little much for just one night. The bathrooms do need some attention but it could have also been my room. I was in a room tucked off in the corner next to the elevator and stairs which is a common room type that is reserved for a last sell and these rooms typically see less maintenance as they aren't stayed in very often.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in 00 like 100, 200, 300, etc. should be avoided if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel as a family, and it was just as good as we had remembered. We stayed for two nights, and had a one-bedroomed suite which we shared with our teenage daughters. It was perfect for a short stay. If we had stayed longer I may have wanted the two bedroom suite as sharing a double bed with my super tall husband was a bit of a challenge. Breakfast was the usual good standard for a Homewood suites. We did not use the pool as the weather was not kind to us and it was an outdoor pool, but the area was clean and tidy, as was the whole hotel.
We felt very welcome and comfortable here and would definitely stay again if we were in the area. The Silver diner just a short walk away was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sparta, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed over labor day weekend. We had a king suite which affords us some privacy while having our daughter with us. The living area was great. It had a sofa bed and a kitchenette with full size fridge and dishwasher. They served a delicious breakfast. They are kindof in an office area but there is a big selection of places to eat and shop very close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just returned from spending 4 nights with my hubby and 2 young sons. We were visiting relatives 3 miles away, so the location was great...right off of Broad Street, the main road...near short pump mall and your pick of many locations to dine at within 10 minutes in either direction...nothing walking distance, but if you're staying here, you probably have a car...I've stayed at a few other homewood suites before and I thought the size of this king suite was a little small in comparison...we also had a terribly leaky faucet, but didn't want to be burdened with having someone come fix it, so we never mentioned it.....we didn't take advantage of the evening reception but did have breakfast in the mornings and between the great rate and free breakfast (typical homewood suites fare - waffles, cereal, breads, pastries and a couple of hot options), it was a really good value. For the price we paid ($83/night for government rate), I can let a lot of the petty stuff go... I would stay here again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This Hotel is clean and kept to the standards you would expect from Hilton . Rooms were large ( we had a king suite) and well furnished with kitchenette , living room & bedroom. I would say the walls were a little thin as I was awken at 6am by next door banging around , but nothing outisde the expected norm . They had the free dinner buffet mid week , but had the worng food for the menu they posted ( a day out of sync) and its the first time I have not seen them serve free beer & wine ( maybe thats a Virginia thing ) . The hotel is out of the way , so no real ability to walk for food or a drink nearby , pool looked clean , not too small . The hotel was ideal for us as we were atending a concert up the road at Innsbruck. free breakfast but we were to late to get that.Free wifi was fast

Room Tip: As this hotel is out of the way any room should be quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The rooms were comfortable. Was there for 2 weeks and had 2 rooms. One of the rooms was very musty, and had an almost smoky smell. The next week the room they gave me smelled so bad I had to switch. The new room did not smell. The breakfast was OK. They lacked a regular selection of fruit. Would stay again if staying in Glen Allen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
HYATT House Richmond-West
HYATT House Richmond-West
#5 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!