“Great location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This Homewood Suites was very typical. it had a great location, just off a major highway, but close access to the interstate. Lots of restaurants, shopping malls within easy driving distance. About 15 minute drive to downtown. The room was fine with view of pool, comfortable bed, usual amenities. Like having 2 TV's, kitchen, separate living area. Good water pressure. Rooms could use some soundproofing and carpets could be replaced/updated. Adequate breakfast choices. Didn't utilize evening buffet. Front desk staff & breakfast attendant pleasant. Liked having iced tea, lemonade, coffee available in the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank peggydill

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Very clean rooms and excellent location. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and they had complimentary dinner Mon-Thurs. They had board games available at the front desk, so it is a great hotel for both business and leisure travel. Totally recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank JPeeze
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed one full week with our young children (ages 4 and 2) at this Homewood Suites in mid-May 2011. This is a fantastic hotel for families on a budget. For $89 per night using an advance purchase rate, we got a one bedroom suite, a daily hot breakfast, and dinner on Monday-Thursday nights.

The menu varied each day for breakfast; my favorite was the Western omeletes. Our kids loved making waffles! The dinner menu also varied by day. We tried dinner on two different nights. The sesame chicken and fried rice was excellent! The pizza night was decent as well. Service was always great!

The hotel has a great location. There are several restaurants and shopping options located nearby. You can also take advantage of a nice courtyard area that includes two gas grills. One night we had a BBQ in the courtyard; the family loved it!

Serveral working at the hotel went "the extra mile" to make our stay comfortable. For example, the person cleaning our room would place our kids stuffed animals differently each day. Our kids loved walking into the room and seeing how their "friends" were arranged! One evening we arrived late for dinner - and the person supervising the food was happy to prepare new pizza and garlic bread for us.

The only thing we noticed that could be improved at this hotel is the door closing mechanisms. Doors to the room close very quickly unless you hold the door as it is closing. We tried to catch the doors as much as we could to keep the noise down.

The next time we are in the Richmond area we will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Back room on the first floor was a great choice!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BBadger99
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Homewood Suites was as the name says, almost like home. The staff was very friendly and hospitable. The complementary breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening was very good, almost as good as home-made cooking. The rooms were clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The entire hotel had a warm, cozy feel. The hotel also had a swimming pool which was nice. The surrounding Glen Allen and Short Pump area offers excellent shopping malls and stores.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Because of a medical condition, I have restricted dietary requirements and have to prepare foods at home. The Homewood Suites chain, with the fully equipped kitchen, meets our needs perfectly. An added plus is the DVD player. While most of the Homewood Suites hotels have the same amenities, this one was a bit different. Our room did not come with one. Upon request, one was brought to our room. However, it had no remote control. The employee said it was because people would steal them, so they stopped supplying them. This meant that we could not turn on the closed caption and other features and had to adjust the volume manually. A bit annoying to have to jump up periodically and try to find the buttons on the player. A suggestion to management: Bring back the DVD players to the rooms, but charge a $50 deposit for the remote. It might cut down on pilferage.

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is a lovely property. The breakfast was great. The room was nicely appointed. BUT it has some real shortcomings. For starters, there is no wireless in the rooms. You had to use their SHORT ethernet cable - and it was SLOW SLOW SLOW. Couldn't believe they supposedly focus on the business traveler. Then - the second day, I came back to the room and sat at the table to check email, etc. I discovered brown gooey stuff on my hands. While I was trying to wash it off, my husband came in and sat down at the computer. I came back into the room to discover he had gotten this brown goo on his light gray shirt and khaki pants. Investigation showed it was all over the edge of the table, on the back of the chairs and along the front of the dresser. I called the desk to express my dismay. The young man offered to send our clothes to the dry cleaners. He did not understand why I was upset with them for doing touch up and failing to leave any sort of notice to be careful! He said, "it should be dry." Trust me -- IT WASN'T. I told him to have the manager call which he did a few minutes later. He also offered to dry clean our clothes (yes, I had it on my sweater and slacks, too). Since we were checking out the next morning, I did not care to leave our clothes to have them mailed back to us. Again, he just didn't seem to get why I was upset - the mess was awful and they were so stupid as to see no reason to warn a guest that they had literally painted the furniture that day. He finally agreed to adjust our bill for the night's lodging, which was appropriate. To this day, I'm sure he thinks I was unreasonable to be angry!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Dakota2037
Reviewed October 24, 2010

First, be careful when using any type of automated directions for this location (Google Maps, GPS, etc.). None of them could figure out how to get us there, we just poked around the office park and finally found it. That's not the property's fault, just a warning if you are not familiar with the area . The property is typical Homewood Suites, very large, clean, comfortable room with a fine breakfast in a relaxed atmosphere. I'm not sure what is happening with the evening reception, but this is the second straight Homewood without beer/wine. Not sure if I've been in states where this is not allowed or that some properties are cutting back. Just an FYI... this is in an office park and you will have to drive for dinner, etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!