“Good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
College Park, Maryland
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our boss put us up at this Hotel while we were working in the Richmond area. It's location is fine and we can get to the highway and food very easily. We're there just to sleep and it's been a very good experience. The receptionist Tamara and Hotel Manager Susan are fantastic workers and very helpful when we had any issues or questions. The other receptionists weren't at the counter very much at all. Would have to yell for someone to come and assist when needed. Besides that for what we need i.e. place to sleep during the weekdays working it's a good place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with you stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. It is rewarding to hear such wonderful comments and feedback as the staff strives to bring each guest a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am in town for a medium to long term contract for a local company. I have found that Extended Stay provides me with a perfect solution for my accommodation requirements.

Economically the cost is very reasonable, much more so than any other hotel I was able to find, particularly for a multi-month stay.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Lots of convenient parking is available.

The hotel is very conveniently located with downtown Glen Allen ( all major stores and many specialty stores) only minutes away. Downtown Richmond is only 20 minutes away during non-rush hour times. CVS, Drycleaners, Starbucks and many restaurants (Dairy Queen, pizza to high end) are within a few minutes walking distance.

I have found management and the staff to be very courteous, helpful and responsive. On top of the purely service component of their position I have found them to be very nice people.

Finally the hotel maintenance is very proactive. Room cleaning is excellent, suites are continually being renovated, landscaping is immaculate and the faculties are undergoing constant enhancements.

Overall I found the Extended Stay America at 10961 W Broad Glen Allen an excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Not a clean place to stay with family. Terrible experience. Been to many Extended Stay suites in the past few years but this is the bad or not to par experience. Kitchen/bath/bedroom were not at all clean and furnitures are dated and sticky/smelly. Obviously would not recommend this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Would not recommend
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is being renovated. The rooms are beautiful. The pool and exercise room are very convenient. The staff is very helpful and treat you like family. I get an excellent discount because of the company I work for. I will continue to stay here until I find a permanent hom.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the 3rd floor. They are not renovated yet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Terrible experience!! The girl at the desk Lakeisha or Lateisha was not at all helpful, on the contrary! My air was not working when we arrived at 3PM ..she said that "the maintenance man was not in , and would not be in until..'oh, haha' Monday morning..and they were booked so they could not move my room..I said, "well, my son just canceled his room for tonight so I know that is available so could I go there tonight and then I will have to deal with the air myself tomorrow".".no ,m'am.. we would have to clean it before he comes in tomorrow" I said "I am his mother, I will clean it" ..she said "no m'am.. you don't understand , someone would have to clean it before the next guest comes in" I said "well check out is 11 and check in is 3.. you do not have a housekeeper tomorrow either??" As she rolled her eyes and rubbed her head she said" you don't understand" I said, "fine, forget it".at 8, when I went into my room, for the night, I heard a loud noise next to my room, as if a power washer was hitting the side of my wall with water..I again went to the desk,same girl, and asked her about the noise d could she please check to see if it was something that could be done..maybe a sink or something was flushing , as it was a vacant closet room..she said "when I have time..I am working on something''..45 min later, I went back, asked again..as she quickly put her phone down, she said "when I am finished , I have to finish the night audit first" (on your phone????).. I resigned myself to a sleepless night, which I had..(bed was HARD! as well ) and when I pulled a night table out to plug in my phone , there was an empty soda can on the floor, streaks of dried soda on the wall, and a cigarette butt on the floor..this in a NON-smoking room) next morning I met my daughter in law at the first floor..she asked to see if I could be moved.."no.. that noise is from the elevator..we only book that room when we are full") .. there was the maintenance man standing there and when we said about the air-conditioner he said .. I would have looked at it, and we told both of them the girl said there was no maintenance man until Monday....she tn asked to see a manager.."there are none here"..she said "I WILL see someone , she (me) is getting a different room." and insisted on speaking to someone..all of a sudden, a room WAS available.. they moved me, (it was a room that costs $10 more..I guess they did not want to move me there before).. Oh, also at 7 AM Sun morn the fire alarm BLARRED and in my room a sharp bright light as well...ran around to get wallet , opened the door, and there were workers standing around talking, etc..and after asking, found out it was a false alarm .. although no one said anything!!..we had to ask!! And apparently, it had gone off 7 times throughout the day on Saturday!!( we were not around) Breakfast consists of muffins, quaker bars and coffee, but by 9:55 am, it is scooped away .. coffee as well....We stayed from Sat to Mon, and there are/were no maintenance, no managers and no one at desk from 11PM til morn apparantly. If you MUST stay here DO NOT let them give you room 111 ! you will not sleep!

Room Tip: DON'T get room 111 !!! Rooms all have kitchenette though.. And if you get a deluxe with the p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

it was a pleasure to sleep and hang out in a clean, quiet and comfortable place. It was off the highway so it was quiet. No riff-raff hanging about. Nice place for the money. I have spent more for less in the past. I just wish the whole place was non-smoking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you need affordable, long-term accommodations, this represents good value and excellent location. Staff are always helpful and have greatly improved breakfast to include healthy options. They are also pet friendly and provide ample parking.

Room Tip: First floor is non smoking. Pet friendly also.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm very glad that you were able to enjoy the value and reap the benefits of the services we offer. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#13 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook? Share your experiences!