TownePlace Suites by Marriott Richmond
Hilton.com
$129
$95
ComfortSuites
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen(Glen Allen)(Great Value!)
$87
$71
$66
ExtendedStay
$81
All reviewsfull kitchentowne place suitesbedroom suitecategory hoteloffice parksmall kitchenettean extended staybagelsstayed nightsroom was cleangreat areamyrtle beachwest broad streetthe general manageroff the beaten pathpull out sofalobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I had absolutely no problems with this hotel like some of the others on TripAdvisor have mentioned. I stayed two nights during race weekend with my girlfriend and 7 year old and had a very relaxing stay.

The manager and all the staff were very polite and professional. The manager opened the pool for us in the morning and offered to bring us some "pool" towels so we did not have to use the room towels.

The hotel is tucked back away from the road which was nice because there was no highway or city noise.

The full kitchen allowed us to buy food, bring it back to the room, and cook/reheat it. No problems with the bathroom either (which is usually a pet peeve of mine!)

I'm not sure if the hotel management saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and changed their ways or the other travelers were just being picky but we had a terrific experience here with no problems.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My recent stay here proved to me that to be a manager at a well established hotel, NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!!!!! No matter how upscaled the hotel is. I stayed at this Towne Place for 3 weeks on business. The first week and a half were fine. I went into my room on a Thursday night after work and when I opened the door, my room was cleaned out. I mean all my personal belongings. So I went to the lobby and asked the manager where are my belongings. They told me that I had checked out already. REALLY, why would I leave all my belongings in the room then, mind you I am a seasoned traveler.
They said they received an e-mail stating I checked out, knowing on there computer system, I still had a week and a half to go. They also knew where I worked and could have called me but I guess THE MANAGER decided make a decision and throw all my belongings out without any consultation or my knowledge. IT GETS BETTER!!!! While I went to retrieve my belongings, housekeeping decided to GO THROUGH MY POSSESSIONS AND TAKE WHAT THEY WANTED. That's right. Now only was all my food and drinks thrown away, they went into my backpack and took two portfolios that was zipped securely in the backpack. I SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE POLICE, instead I called corporate and told them what happened. The MANAGER gave me some excuse and offered me points for my troubles. Nevertheless, THEFT and INVASION OF PRIVACY was involved and I should have taken matters to the next level. I did receive everything back, EVENTUALLY, not everything was logged in that was TAKEN FROM MY ROOM. I SHOULD HAVE CALLED CONSUMER AFFAIRS ABOUT THIS AS WELL. PLEASE BE AWARE OF YOUR BELONGINGS ON YOUR NEXT TRAVELS AND BE SAFE.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank seasonedtraveler777
Reviewed May 18, 2007

Stayed 5 months at this property. I'm a federal government employee and frequent traveller. I usually stay at Marriott properties. Given the length of my stay, I choose this property because it offered a full kitchen in each unit (complete with necessary furnishings). My comments are likely most helpful for anyone considering an extended stay at this property.

Great area, with many shops, restaurants and event opportunities to choose from. Some within walking distance. Convenient access to highway 64.

The condition of the external property is acceptable. Landscaped and offers limited seating and a small bbq area. Parking is convenient although the lot will fill up.

There is a coffee/tea machine at the reception area. Muffins and cereal bars are available each morning, with bottles of juice and water. The USA Today and a local paper are usually available as well. In the early evening, fresh cookies are made available. All of these things are complimentary.

Laundry facility is ok. Not kept the cleanest and the machines are noisy but the cost was reasonable ($1/per machine/per load). No usable space for folding, though. I did have a number of occassions in which others left their clothing unattended for long periods of time. Even had to delay my laundry once while an employee used the machines!

I found the staff at this property to be friendly but not overly helpful or social. One might think after 5 months, I would have been on a first name basis, but I still had to give my name every time I went to the front office for anything - and I'm a Marriott Platinum member!

There is a small, public workspace in the front reception area with a computer, iPod station and printer access. The office staff will fax and copy documents for guests. Each room also has dsl internet access ports and web service is complimentary, although you must reestablish your connection every day.

I was disappointed that the TownePlace Suites do not offer organized events similar to what I've experienced at every Residence Inn. There were a number of guests that stayed for extended periods.

This is a noisy place! Granted my room was next to the elevator (an upgrade, I might add...) and near the largest 2-room suites, but it's possible to hear nearly every noise in the adjoining rooms (tv, alarms, hair dryer, dishwasher, conversation, etc.). Hallway traffic is nearly constant.

I did find the need to complain about excessive noise on one occassion and I will say that management acted quickly and effectively to remediate.

During the day, the cleaning staff is especially noisy. They often holler at one another whether they are at opposite ends of the hall or even on separate floors!

I've never been particularly sensitive to smells, but the room odor here was an issue for the entire stay. Despite numerous complaints and significant personal investment in room deodorizers, the room always smelled of smoke. This property allowed, until last year, smoking in the rooms. I fully expected that even if it hadn't been done prior to my stay, the staff would have had the room carpets and curtains cleaned. They did change the bed spread on request, but the mattress still smelled. No initiative by the staff was taken to do anything further.

The carpet was filthy. On the occassions that I'd wear white socks, they would inevitably be very dirty just from walking around the room.

The air conditioning system (one in each room) is very noisy and never seemed to be particularly good at maintaining a constant temperature.

Closet space is limited. Despite the property really being designed for extended stay travellers, there is no more storage space than in a normal, single stay hotel room. Even the kitchen didn't offer much in the way of cupboard space, with most of the cabinets full with the furnished items.

Lighting was not the best. Mostly lamps. Always hard to distinguish the colors of my dark clothes.

Don't believe that I'd stay again at this property. If I have a future need to stay as long, I'd opt for a Residence Inn property or stay at another brand.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank imktwo
A TripAdvisor Member
new jersey
Reviewed July 3, 2004

Staff was helpful, but the rugs in the room where I stayed were filthy