“Great Indian taste”

Cuisines: Indian
Richmond
“Great Indian taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have had a lot of Indian food and this place by far is the best. The garlic nan was to die for, so good loved it they weren't skimpy on the garlic and butter. The chicken tikka Marsala was wonderful. The chicken 65 was great and the lamb vindaloo was great. Every dish we had was good the cook (tall bald guy) was funny he had a great personality. Wonderful atmosphere. Elegant ....will be going again next week for the buffet ....

Richmond, Virginia
“Worst Service, Good Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Name this restaurant is now Banjara and has new management, We visited as we wanted to check out if that has improved after new management. We were in the restaurant at 8:30 PM, Restaurant was about 70% empty, We waited for 15 minutes for someone to guide us to the table. Waited 15 minutes for someone to take our order. Finally we gave order at 9:00 PM. We waited and waited and waited.. tried not to loose our temper for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. We reminded them 3 times during this period and we were told - "It will take just 5 minutes more". We were so fed up that we asked them to cancel the order, They did not cancel the order and kept on saying "Just 2 more minutes sir". finally they brought the food with an excuse that they are understaffed!
It ended reasonably as the food was not that bad as their service. But I would never go there again.

• Visited August 2011
annapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place for indian food in richmond virginia and in westend in glen allen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was looking for a different cuisine. And accidentally I stepped into this place. Oh man so tasty so spicy.
I would go there for more.
In fact I like to take my american girl friend to surprise

annapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its a Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

I was always scared of ethnic cuisines, particularly from the Far east. After dining at this resaturant, that served Indian Cuisine, I changed my mind. Menu was very reader friendly, Service was very quick, and Food was great for the price I paid. I would definitely go back for more, as it is worth every dollar of mine.

• Visited April 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Okay Indian food. It's definitely overrated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

Okay Indian food. It's definitely overrated!