“Great Value - perfect travel stopover”

Comfort Suites Glen Allen
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Boston
“Great Value - perfect travel stopover”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Traveling from MA to SC with my college age son, we stopped here overnight having seen what other TripAdvisors said. Excellent value - clean, new, inexpensive, bells & whistles like plasma tvs and a huge bathroom.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Suites on a trip to Kings Dominion. It was in a great location, very clean, and the room were very comfy and roomy. We prefer to stay in Glen Allen when we go to Kings Dominion because it is a a lot nicer than the other little towns nearby and there are many restaurants/shopping to choose from. The hotel itself is fairly new, the staff is friendly, check out/in was a breeze and the price was right. The breakfast included some hot items such as sausage and eggs along with cereals, muffins, etc. It was adequate. We will definitely stay there again.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Hotel was in a good location, near a shopping area with restaurants nearby and easy access to highways. Ask for a room opposite the highway - road noise was an issue without the fan on. Indoor pool was a good size and warm. Breakfast choices were adequate, rooms were a decent size with a refrigerator and microwave. Had an issue with the maid knocking on our door at 10:30 am (check out is 11 am) and told her we would be leaving shortly and to come back later. We were out the whole day and returned to find out that our room was not cleaned. Called the front desk and complained – they said they would alert the manager in the morning – had to personally empty the garbage and went down to pick up clean towels. The next morning – the manager was unaware and claimed that the maid spoke English and that I told her not to clean the room. I didn’t and only received a small credit on my bill.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We needed a place to stay overnight for our family of seven as we traveled to the Outer Banks from Pittsburgh, PA. We decided on staying near Richmond and found the Comfort Suites with the help of tripadvisor. We were able to get a two bedroom suite to accomodate us all for a reasonable price.

The beds were comfortable, the suite had plenty of room for us all. The only complaint here was that the temperature seemed to have been turned off and there was only one control for the two bedroom suite. So it took a while to cool the place down and since we arrived late in the evening the one room, with the control ended up being cooler than the other room and living area the entire night since we were trying to make it comfortable for everyone.

I'd stay here again, it's a nice location near I-95 and 295 with a few close by restaurant options.

Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I am so happy we found this place. The indoor pool was so nice for our kids to blow off steam in the morning before getting back on the road.

When we walked into the room and saw the wood floors in the living area we were surprised. The bedroom was very comfortable and everything seemed brand new. I want to stay here every time we go on a long trip!

tlp09
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Daughter had baby June 11th so we stayed here during our visit. What a wonderful suprise to find such a wonderful place to stay. Have stayed at many other more expensive hotels and didn't get nearly the room or service. If you want to stay in class and comfort this is THE place to stay. I would like to send out an extra thank you to the manager she was beyond wonderful. Thank you so much.

maryland
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My name is Heather Mccoulough, my family and I stayed at this property because my husbands truck at a flat tire and we had to wait till the moring to fix the tire. My daughter is 10 years old and she started her period for the first and I panic and went downstairs and ask the front desk clerk Marcie if the hotel and any protection and she stated that the hotel only had tampon. I did not wantmy daughter first experience to be with tampons. Marcie was so concerned that she called a friend of hers to go the store and pick up some pads for my daughter. The friend brought the pads and I was very happy. I wanted to commend Marcie for going the extra mile for me and my daughter. Thank You Marcie for everything you did for me. You are a OUTSTANDING PERSON. Thank you very much.