Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons
$119
$124
$102
$124
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen(Glen Allen)(Great Value!)
$87
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn(Glen Allen)(Great Value!)
$81
All reviewslong counterrainfall showerseparate living roomleft earlymicrowave and fridgehot tubindoor poolwifi worked wellkings dominionking bedwafflesvery nice staysleeper sofanice suitefree breakfastone night stayfront desk staff
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed there while attending the race at Richmond. Not far from the track. It is a couple miles off Route 95. Room were very big. Living room with hard wood floors and bedroom with carpet. The bedroom has door that can be closed. 2 TVs. The free breakfast was good and kept well stocked. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you enjoyed the races. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. We hope you will stay with us again, if you come to the area again.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope to see you again in Glen Allen!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Full disclosure - I am a Choice Privileges member which means I stayed here for free on points. I always begin my free Choice Hotel stay reviews with the question - Would I have paid and been satisfied? Answer for this hotel is Yes. We stayed when it was practically brand new. Very clean. Two separate rooms with hardwood floors (or faux hardwood) floors. Very modern decor. Convenient location. Very comfortable. Comfortable beds (compared to move Choice Hotels). Maybe could have used a little more help at the front desk and they ran out of the good stuff at breakfast and didn't refill before serving was over.. Overall though very good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you got to use your choice points on this visit!!!

The brand new Comfort Suites® hotel offers convenient access to Interstate 95 and Interstate 295 and is centrally located, right next to the Virginia Center Commons mall. Villa Park, Innsbrook Corporate Center, Richmond International Airport, Bass Pro Shops, Kings Dominion amusement park and Richmond International Raceway are minutes from this Glen Allen, VA hotel.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

This trip was for a long-awaited girlfriends' weekend. I arrived before my friend and checked in. The room was just what we'd been trying to find in the Glen Allen, VA area (2 beds, handicap accessible, microwave and fridge, etc.) It appeared to be clean and fairly well maintained. The only thing that needed some definite attention was the desk chair which was too low - wouldn't go any higher - for anyone to work at the desk and had absolutely no cushioning left in the seat. Other than that, the room appeared to suit our purposes for a weekend of laughing, talking and eating.

While waiting for my friend to arrive, I spotted about 5-7 ants crawling in the space at the entrance to the bathroom, just off the carpet. I didn't freak out or think much of it, as it was 100+ degrees outside that afternoon, we were on the 1st floor and it really wasn't that big a deal to me. When my friend arrived and we were finally getting to start our girls weekend of fun, she was lying across the bed and felt something on her arm. You guessed it, an ant in the bed. She didn't freak out either....until the 2nd ant crawled on her. Then we quickly realized there were ants in her bed as well as the bathroom floor. I never even sat on my bed, figuring if they're in 1 bed, it's likely they were in the other.

We called the front desk and told them we wanted another room and why - the person on the other end said she was really busy at that time and would get back to us. When she did, we told her again what the problem was and that we needed another room. She told us she'd check on what could be done. After about a half hour, she got back to us and told us nothing else was available and said if we "could just stay for that 1 night, there would be a room available the next day." I wasn't sure what part of ANTS ARE IN THE BED she didn't get, but we said no thanks, checked out and found another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luv2Bondago
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

We appreciate your comments and it is important to note to the trip advisor community that the guest did not stay at our property. We attempted to rectify the situation, but they chose to leave; upon inspection of that room (following the guest departure) we were unable to find any bugs and actually re-rented the room without an issues. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, however, when guests do not stay with us and they still review us it puts us in a defensive position, however, we feel confident that we did all we could to keep the guest satisfied, however, their leaving did not allow us reach a resolution for them. All reviews legitimate or not help us to improve our service and our recent inspection again showed are do not have any bugs at our property.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We recently stayed at this Glen Allen Comfort Suites and were very pleased with the accomodations. We arrived during a massive thunderstorm and the power to the hotel was out for a period of time, but the staff did what they could to make sure that the guests who opted not to cancel their rooms felt comfortable. Fortunately the storms and the power outage didn't last very long. My kids were very disappointed when the storms had passed and the staff opted to not reopen the pool (after hanging around in the heat without power they were looking forward to a swim) because the pool was scheduled to be closed at 10pm and the power had not been restored till nearly 9. The front desk personnel said "it wasn't worth it"... it would have been very much worth it for my kids and many others who arrived at the pool area to find it locked up after having been through the same scenario most of the evening. When they did get to use the pool in the morning I would also agree with the previous reviewer who found the chlorine odor overwhelming, the area may need more ventilation than it has. The pool and hot tub area though were also very clean and well kept. The only other negative I would mention, like a previous reviewer I found the breakfast set up to be difficult and the staffing of the breakfast area lacking. When we were at the hotel there was a large family reunion group there and they filled the entire area themselves. The area is not well laid out nor large enough for the size of the hotel.
After all of that.... let me say that the hotel itself is clean and well decorated and kept. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The check-in and check out were easy and pleasant...the employees actually seemed to enjoy their work. Having travelled for 13 hours prior to our arrival we were very happy to spread out in the large room and unwind. I would gladly recommend this property to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank partyof5
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you during the storm. We are taking your concerns about the pool to our staff. We are also discussing the issue about closing the pool early. We apologize for the inconvenience in doing that.

This Glen Allen, VA hotel offers free fresh, hot and healthy breakfast and free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access that add to the energetic and exceptional service for which the Comfort Suites hotel is known. After a busy day, enjoy the fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Glen Allen!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I were flying to Virginia, and needed early hotel check in. I called a day in advance and was told, yes I can check in early because they had a room available!

Good:
King Suite with PLENTY of space.
Nice Flat screen TV's in both bedroom and in the separate living room area.
Beautiful Shower on one side of bathroom, and on the other side was a huge whirlpool.
Great channel selection with History Channel, and Cartoon Network.
Overall clean room, it was safe to take my shoes off!
Friendly staff that greeted you when you entered and exit.
You won't be disappointed.

Not so Good:
The Internet was pretty slow and kept kicking me off.

I will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DSC83

We appreciate your time, thank you for reviewing our hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable place to stay. We hope to provide that to all our guests. We are glad we did that for you!! We are glad that you enjoyed your King Suite. We do however apologize about your internet connection, and we are currently looking in to that concern. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you again, on your next visit to the area.