“Good lunch buffet! Attentive staff.”
Review of Canton Restaurant

Canton Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 46 Restaurants in Galax
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've visited Galax many times, nearly annually each summer. I've always wondered about this restaurant, but until this summer, never ventured in.

It is located right in downtown Galax and really is the only Chinese restaurant I can think of in the area.

My mother and I were here recently for the city's 4th of July parade; we actually watched it from the curb right out front. As the parade ended, we thought about where to go for lunch, and then I decided now was finally the time to check out Canton Restaurant.

We were going to order entrees of the menu, until I discovered the buffet. They have both a lunch and dinner buffet. I can't remember for sure, but I believe the lunch buffet was about $7 per person and includes unlimited trip to the varied buffet selections.

I do not eat meat or dairy, so I scoped out the buffet before committing to make sure there would be enough items I could eat, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a good amount of hot vegetables, and even a tofu dish available as part of the buffet. Don't worry... there were the usual beef, chicken, etc. dishes as well!

I was very happy with the buffet here as a lunch choice and would definitely recommend you try Canton. I can't say it's THE absolute best Chinese food I've ever had, but it's good. The wait staff are pleasant and attentive. (For example: I did have some of the tofu from the buffet, only to find out when I got it on my plate that for some reason it was kind of cold...I told the waitress about it, and before I even realized it, they'd already replaced the container of this at the buffet with a brand new batch.)

Give it a try!

There are newer reviews for Canton Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Canton Chinese Restaurant in downtown Galax is not your usual Chinese. We had the buffet, quite reasonable in price I might say, so we sampled nearly all the dishes. This was not the usual salty, high fat spicy Chinese one normally expects. For example, the General Tso chicken was very smooth, not hot at all, but very tasty. If it did not have a sign on it I would have not known the dish's name.

The waitress was very formal, friendly, and dressed in a formal white shirt, black pants and black tie. She actually seem as though she cared about our eating experience, again something most Chinese restaurants are not accustomed to.

We liked everything and will definitely stop there on our next visit to Galax.

2  Thank TXRVer09

Been to Canton Restaurant? Share your experiences!