“Galax DOES Have a Good Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
southwest virginia
“Galax DOES Have a Good Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I never thought I would say that but this really does break the endless cycle of chain restaurants and greasy spoons. The food is very fresh and clean. It has tons of healthy selections. I don't think there is one fried item on the entire menu. They also have great specialty coffees. I recommend the quiche. It changes varieties but always tasty.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mountainchef

Connecticut
“Nice atmosphere, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant is very pretty but the service is very slow (around 1:30 on Saturday) and the food was just okay. We tried 1 salad and 2 sandwiches.

• Visited September 2012
Fredericksburg
“Gem in small town Galax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wonderful pastries for breakfast and paninis for lunch. We were surprised to find such a lovely coffee house. The decor is beautiful and the food is delicious.

Visited July 2012
Saratoga Springs, NY
“I'd Come Back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

It wasn't spectacular, but if this place was in my town, I'd return. Didn't expect to find very good spaghetti and meatballs in rural Virginia, but that's what I had. Nice, varied menu, decent prices and wine selection. Hope it continues to do well.

Visited June 2012
“Service was poor.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

The waitress we had neglected coming back to our table to take our food order. The other wait person stepped in. Later our original waitress brought our food out. We asked for more tea and an extra plate. She never came back. NEVER! She proceeded to help 3 other tables near us. We would have ordered dessert but as I said she never came back. I had to go up to the register since she didn't bring the check. Maybe it was just a bad night but that was our first impression unfortunately. The food was very good however and the atmosphere was inviting.

• 1 of 5 bubbles