“Applebee's thank you to our veterans”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Galax
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was a Veterans Day visit to Applebee's. There was a short wait and we opted for a seat at the bar. The bartender was our server and was busy with the full house. She did provide attentive and prompt service.
The veterans menu was limited but I found the fiesta lime chicken to be excellent. The lime sauce was zesty as advertised The chicken was topped with cheese and ample portion size. Seasoned rice and pico de gallo nice additions to the entrée.
My partner enjoyed the blackened tilapia accompanied by red potatoes and seasonal veggies. Well prepared visually and seasoned with spices but not overdone.
Beer selection mostly domestics but enjoyed a Vienna Lager from Devils Backbone.
Overall this was a good experience and worth a return visit.
Many thanks to Applebee's for taking the effort to recognize Veterans each year.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food sreved hot and inviting. Atmosphere excellent. Our server Amber was great. She had great one liners and kept with our drinks. A bad storm was taking place and the power wnet off several times but the staff continued with excellent service..

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This Applebees is always clean and the people are very friendly, but the cooks are not that good. Steaks come out not prepared right and taste horrible. Unfortunately this is the only restaurant like this in that area so I doubt they will do much to change despite the complaints.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This location is well below the typical applebees experience. I dined alone while traveling for work, and chose to sit at the bar. There was no bartender, and no one acknowleged me for at least 5-6 minutes (despite checking in with the hostess when I entered).

When I finally got a drink, I put my food order in at the same time. My food did come out quickly, but looked nothing like the menu photo. Now... I know that the photos are the "amazing-best case scenario", but I mean it was really nothing like the picture. Normally at Applebees I can at least tell its the same dish. The taste was overall acceptable, but nothing to write home about.

When my food was served, my drink was already empty (VA doesn't allow doubles). I was able to eat over 50% of my dinner before anyone checked in on me, or refilled my drink.

When I travel for work, I can usually trust Applebees to provide a reliably good meal and experience. While this one wasn't a complete bust, it did fall short. My next time in the area, I'll try some of the other local options before returning.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I met a few family members here while passing through and had an awesome steak for dinner. I often have steak at the "Australian" place and pay three times for the steak there. The Applebee's steak was better than "that Australian place" for a fraction of the cost. One suggestion would be a little less salt on the steak. The server was Chelsey M. and she did a great job. She made frequant visits to our table and kept us comfortable. Chelsey was very friendly and a mature sense of humor. Thanks Chelsey.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!