“Clean, comfortable place to stay!”
Review of Inn at Orchard Gap

Inn at Orchard Gap
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galax
Inn at Orchard Gap
Ranked #3 of 3 Galax B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Clean, comfortable place to stay!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn! My husband and I were cycling the Blue Ridge Parkway and appreciated the special services provided by the Inn. They were friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. We needed transportation into Fancy Gap, and our hosts were willing to offer us a ride into town, so that we could pick up some dinner. We enjoyed the sunset in the rocking chairs on the porch -- such a beautiful location! The breakfast was large, and conversation was pleasant and informative. We felt very cared-for and were happy we had made this lodging choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cgforbes

Business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My family and I travelled around the states for 3 weeks and we all agreed that this was our favourite place to stay. A spectacular view, very comfy, remote and peaceful, and the hosts were great. Cooked a great breakfast and even gave us some lunch. I really cant recommend them enough.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 969Flood
Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Me and my husband traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway in our rented convertible from Asheville to Charlottesville. What a beautiful drive, especially with the top down. We chose to stay in Fancy Gap (Galax), VA since it was the halfway point for us on the parkway. The Inn at Orchard Gap was a restful, cozy spot to rest our heads after a long drive. April is still low season there so we were the only guests, but each room has it's own outside entry from a large balcony so it was very private. We arrived in the rain so could not take advantage of the beautiful view from the deck with the rocking chairs. Brealfast in the main house was delicious with large portions - definately don't leave hungry. We were fogged in so spent a long while chatting with our host over breakfast. It really was just like visiting an old friend we had known forever. It doesn't get much better than that.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Likes: My wife and I stopped for a week night at the Inn and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very cozy and comfortable ( The Angel Room).The Inn is right on the parkway at mile marker 194 and the views are amazing and the front porch is relaxing. We had internet via an access code Don gave us. The garden area was beautiful and the breakfast was very good. Don was a great host. Dislikes: We were on a motorcycle and nobody riding a bike likes gravel and the long uphill drive is fairly loose gravel, there was no tv service but I think that is being worked on, they had plenty of movies to choose from though. Also, we noticed some maintenance details that could be addressed like the main sign on the front of the Inn was down and laying against the front porch and some painting stuff. Would I stay there again.... Yes! I only gave the dislikes to make for a accurate review but overall we loved the place, I wish I had extra time so I could put a tool belt on and help Don with some of the things he needed to get done.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Harrisonburg
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Nice B&B/Inn combo. Hosts very attentive and helpful. Room very comfortable and nice view of country side.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay. For me it was a much need getaway for some alone time. I did meet friends in Mt Airy for some festivities. The cottage was beautiful, the view was beautiful, the innkeeper was just wonderful, not to mention an incredible cook. Conversation at breakfast with owner and other guests was very enjoyable. The only thing I would recommend is to tell the people who stay in the cottages that they will have no TV. And laptop did no good because no internet access. Not that it was that necessary in the mountains but I do like to check weather and news. May not have made a difference in staying there or not but I just think guests should be told. They did offer movies and a VCR so that was good...other than that it was great and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving in 2009. We spent two nights in one of the cottages. We felt like we were on our second honeymoon! The cottage had a comfy bed, kitchen area (with microwave, but no stove), another room with a futon and TV, and a bathroom with a garden tub for two. Don was a great host (his wife was visiting family, I believe), and the breakfast was great. We have already talked about returning on another trhip along the Blue Ridge Parkway!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
#5 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Inn at Orchard Gap? Share your experiences!