“Excellent BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galax Smokehouse

Galax Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Galax
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, West Virginia
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were in Galax visiting antique stores on Saturday, March 29, 2014, saw this restaurant and stopped in for dinner. I had the white chicken with green beans and a salad. John had the pulled pork sandwich. Both entrees were delicious. Each table had four bottles of sauce and the waitress explained what each of them were. I especially liked the BBQ/vinegar sauce. It had a pleasant taste and wasn't too strong. The wait staff was friendly. The prices were more than reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. We go to Galax several times a year for business and we will definitely dine there again.

• Visited March 2014

Los Angeles
“Old School Eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

It is very down to earth, simple food, done really well. It looks like a bit of a dive (not the kind of place I would usually choose to eat) but Galax has limited options so we ate here and boy were we glad we did. The food was great

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Akron, Ohio, United States
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

A must visit when in Galax. The barbecue chicken topped salad with ranch dressing mixed with spicy BBQ sauce is great. If you're hungry and with a friend, try the smokehouse tour (I think that's what it's called). It's a good portion of just about everything they serve. The wait staff is friendly and eager to help you with your selection. As much as I love their BBQ pork, the BBQ chicken is the best I've ever had.

Visited September 2013
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My parents and I ate here for lunch one day. It was delicious! I loved being able to try all the sauces! I picked a sample plate with brisket and pulled pork which was more than enough for me especially with all the yummy sides!

Whitetop, Virginia
“YUM on a BUN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Simply put, this place has GOOD BBQ! It's located in downtown Galax on a corner. Street parking is usually fairly easy, but If you can't find a space, keep looking - you don't want to skip the Smokehouse. They offer a wide variety of smoked pork, beef, and chicken options. We love the beef tips (so do many others and we have found them sold out on two occasions). We really like the pulled pork sandwich and my husband loves the Brunswick Stew - loaded with meat and veggies. All of their sauces are house-made and range from sweet to hot. My favorite BBQ sauce is the sweet with a low burn. But my favorite sauce is the white horseradish sauce. OUTSTANDING on pork, salad, hushpuppies, chicken. You name it. You can also purchase their sauces. I usually walk out with a bottle of white sauce because I use it to make ginger horseradish dressing! A fun place with good food!

• Visited February 2014