Really enjoyed the place!
WITH EXCEPTION: My 86 yr old mother ask me to accompany her on a trip to Galax, knowing I would enjoy the hiking along New River Trail. As we were preparing to leave, my mom brought to my attention a laminated printout for quest in the cabins upon checkout.
It STATED(notice on the website, it ASKED that the following be done or a $50 fee would be added to your charge card!!!
- all linens must be removed form the beds
- all trash removed and taken to the garbage cans next to the office
- all dishes, glasses and silverware must be washed and put away. (How sure were we to eat off plates and sliverware which was left in this manner?) Health standards?
- the thermostat must be set to 75
Please note this cabin cost my mom $150 per night. With no additional services during the stay. And again, the website ASK that the above be done, in a much abbreviated text; and the printout in the cabin was in form of a demand that must be met or a $50 additional fee would be applied.
Honestly, I have stayed in hotels and lodges all over the US and Canada, and have never seen anything like this place on a guest...much less for the fee of $150 per night.
I would not do business with this merchant again, nor would I recommend this facility to anyone, based on the expections to perform your own cleaning of the cabin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxery Cabins nestled on Chestnut Creek in downtown Galax, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your New River Trail Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.