Really enjoyed the place!
WITH EXCEPTION: My 86 yr old mother ask me to accompany her on a trip to Galax, knowing I would enjoy the hiking along New River Trail. As we were preparing to leave, my mom brought to my attention a laminated printout for quest in the cabins upon checkout.
It STATED(notice on the website, it ASKED that the following be done or a $50 fee would be added to your charge card!!!
- all linens must be removed form the beds
- all trash removed and taken to the garbage cans next to the office
- all dishes, glasses and silverware must be washed and put away. (How sure were we to eat off plates and sliverware which was left in this manner?) Health standards?
- the thermostat must be set to 75
Please note this cabin cost my mom $150 per night. With no additional services during the stay. And again, the website ASK that the above be done, in a much abbreviated text; and the printout in the cabin was in form of a demand that must be met or a $50 additional fee would be applied.
Honestly, I have stayed in hotels and lodges all over the US and Canada, and have never seen anything like this place on a guest...much less for the fee of $150 per night.
I would not do business with this merchant again, nor would I recommend this facility to anyone, based on the expections to perform your own cleaning of the cabin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxery Cabins nestled on Chestnut Creek in downtown Galax, VA. ... more less