“Was treated VERY Well!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Galax
Amherst, Virginia
“Was treated VERY Well!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Rodeway in Galax Virginia as it was close to Rex Theater. The gentleman who ran the place gave us a good room easy to walk to from the car. Room was clean, bed was GREAT! The room had a microwave, a fridge and a good TV! Room was comfortable and the water is HOT! I will tell you what impressed me the most...the respectful way the desk clerk treated me!
When I left on Saturday morning, I was about to walk out the door in the office when he stopped me, stuck out his hand and thanked me for staying.. I WILL stay there again, Lord willing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drdave57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Smithfield
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night while we were in the area. We were not getting in town until late and only needed a place to sleep. It was clean, which was my top priority. The manager was very nice. The breakfast was cereal, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. Although it wasn't a full breakfast, it worked well for us.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank trjh_sapp
Mc Caysville
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I needed a place for my family and I to sleep before we headed home from Pennsylvania and saw this on the Choice Hotels website. It wasn't until we were on the way that I found out it was out of the way for us. I will say that while the area is nice and the manager was helpful, it was not the best choice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but a bit stiff. The internet worked amazingly though and my boyfriend was even able to play Diablo III while we were there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AlliHexen2012
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend to enjoy New River State Park. Motel is very clean and quiet; owners are very helpful, and the internet worked perfectly, The bike trail is about 3 minutes away (by bike.) You can leave the car and walk into town for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bruce a
STATESVILLE,NC
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here every year when i visited my dad.I noticed remodelation of room. WE ENJOYED OUR STAYED . GREAT INTERNET CONNECTION NO PROBLEM AT ALL

Room Tip: Yes No parking on bakside but backside is very quiter and ROOM LOOKS CLEAN AND GREAT WITH NEW CARPET...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BIRBIEStatesville_nc
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were on a driving tour during christmas, and I had to stop for the night. From my GPS I got the info for this motel, and I called in. As the price was good, I drove to the hotel with my travel mates. The motel itself is not too great, with regular amenities,but the hotel manager, Brijesh Patel was really helpful. He checked me in and later called in to check whether everything was OK and when finding the wireless not working, he offerred to come upstairs to help. When still not working he offerred to hardwire my computer. Although I didn't take advantage of this, I felt quite happy. Thank you Mr. Patel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Danny H
North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Room was clean, amenities were sparse but ok. Limited TV channels and clarity was also an issue on some. Location was great to down town, near the police station also. Limited parking if you have a large vehicle or are towing a trailer. Bed was firm, Heat/AC worked well. Wireless Internet signal was unusable in "rear facing" room. Very reasonable price and overall good value.

Room Tip: The front side of the Inn nearest the office is preferable if wireless internet is a priority. Also...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NlovewithTonya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galax
Knights Inn Galax
#6 of 8 in Hillsville
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
#5 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!