Knights Inn Galax
$149
$137
$132
$105
Quality Inn Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$67
QualityInn
$119
Hampton.com
Motel 6 Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$60
Travelocity
Super 8 by Wyndham Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$54
Travelocity
Comfort Inn(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
ComfortInn
All reviewscontinental breakfastworking orderstay there againriver trailmotelcerealtilepasswordtub
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I don't know where all of the good reviews are coming from for this hotel, but they must have been paid to say these things! This hotel is not only dated but NASTY! I don't mind the dated part, but the NASTY is unacceptable! First of all, I booked the room on pr-line, and when I got there I had to pay an additional $10 a night for a room with a Queen bed After going inside I realized that I should have stayed away! There was mold or mildew around the bathroom door casing, on the tub and shower, and above the shower the paint had peeled and mold showing there also!
Sine we booked for 2 nights, and was told by the hotel clerk that it was non-refundable, we stayed both nights. After the first night, we came back to our hotel, and the room looked like it was "somewhat" cleaned, but the sheets on the bed had not changed!

We have stayed in Galax before at another 1 star hotel Rodeway Inn, and our next trip back will not be here, but at the Rodeway Inn. I can't believe that anyone could offer this hotel in this condition! STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! My wife did not want me to take photos, but if you don't believe me, go see for yourself.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank galax2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Friendly front desk. This is an older motel, that has probably joined the Knights Inn group recently. Room clean, quiet and comfortable. We were going up Blue Ridge Parkway and drove over to spend night. We were able to park in front of room making it easy for unloading. One downer is that lighting in room is very dim and some of lights did not work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel while participating in an annual event this year. Almost every month the wife and I spend 2 to 6 nights in hotels for business. We found the room to be larger than some of the better known chain hotels and it was clean. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The WiFi connection and available TV channel selections were excellent.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. Even being near a main road it was quiet. There is no longer a pool, but we never use them. This hotel is rated at one star because it is dated, but it was better than most two star and some three star hotels we have stayed in. Great price and good beds. I plan on stay there again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the most smelliest rooms we have been in in a very long time. It looks clean but the blanket on the beds were just too worn and nasty looking. We tried using air freshener but we just could not get rid of the musky smoky dirty scent. We would have done a lot better sleeping in our car. Next time we are in the area and there is no other hotels available, we will do just that and keep driving.

Room Tip: Not any here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked in advance for a two bed room but the man at the desk didn't understand that, didn't apply it, it was a mess and cost me another $10 to get the room I had requested. When we finally got the room it was clean, just dated. We slept great and it was quiet on the hill. Just wish the reservation process had worked the way it was supposed to.

Room Tip: Don't book online.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family