Knights Inn Galax
$149
$137
$132
$105
Quality Inn Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$67
QualityInn
$119
Hampton.com
Motel 6 Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$60
Super 8 by Wyndham Hillsville(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$54
Comfort Inn(Hillsville)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortInn
All reviewscontinental breakfastworking orderstay there againriver trailmotelcerealtilepasswordtub
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the most smelliest rooms we have been in in a very long time. It looks clean but the blanket on the beds were just too worn and nasty looking. We tried using air freshener but we just could not get rid of the musky smoky dirty scent. We would have done a lot better sleeping in our car. Next time we are in the area and there is no other hotels available, we will do just that and keep driving.

Room Tip: Not any here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked in advance for a two bed room but the man at the desk didn't understand that, didn't apply it, it was a mess and cost me another $10 to get the room I had requested. When we finally got the room it was clean, just dated. We slept great and it was quiet on the hill. Just wish the reservation process had worked the way it was supposed to.

Room Tip: Don't book online.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are looking for a destination hotel this is not it. However, it is the best one star I have stayed in. Better than most 2 stars. It is a basic yet clean motel and great value for the price. It appears to be an older motel functionally upgraded. The information in the room states there is an outdoor pool but I did not check it out. Rooms are large and spacious. 2 beds, table and comfy chairs and still plenty of floor space for kids and pets. Bathroom was clean with some minor staining on the tile grout but not mold. Plenty of instant hot water. Beds are comfortable. No microwave, no fridge. The family that runs it is pleasant. There is free wi fi. It is located up the hill in the older section of town, but quiet and pleasantly breezy. There is a stone walkway that doubles as a covered porch with a chair you can sit outside your room and listen to the birds. Breakfast bar has coffee and cereal. The nicest part was the room smelled clean upon entry which was great. Also, there is plenty of lighting in the room and I have been to some "fancier" hotels were the room lighting was sorely lacking. If you need to stay here for business or just get some work done there is plenty of lighting and table space.Would stay here again even though it is a few miles off 77, but the drive through the farmland into the town was pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WPMOM09
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Booked in advance to get the discount. Very quick check-in. Very nice room, clean and well-prepared.Wi-fi worked fine. There are a couple of nice diners within a few minutes driving distance. Gets my vote and would stay here again if the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here November 2012. I booked it online, so I didnt realize how far it actually was from 77. After a 30 minute drive and almost getting lost at night, I found the hotel. I was very suprised how nice it was for only being $32. It was quiet and very clean. I had just a single double bed, which was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the Wifi actually worked. Overall, I would definately stay again if I was passing through.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks for posting your review! We offer clean & friendly service at a good value. We are located in the downtown historic area. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the local restaurants