“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Galax

Knights Inn Galax
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Galax
Rochester, NY
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We found this motel on the Internet with a terrific write up and a "pay now" price of $33 a night. Since we were driving to FL and just needed a place to sleep this sounded perfect. The address on the web was in Hillsville, VA. We knew from past experience that all the major chain hotels at the interstate exit are more tha double that price. First problem: the GPS took us to the address in Hillsville...no hotel. After stopping to ask about the location at another hotel and calling the Knights Inn we were told it is in Galax, 13 miles back. The room was clean and adequate, had micro and fridge, small bed. When we went for the breakfast the next morning it was a joke...2 boxes of cereal and a bag of small donuts. We went to McD's. Won't stop here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Spiritmover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Staunton, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I really appreciate this hotel. It's the second time that I've stayed there, & both times it has been clean and comfortable for a wonderfully-low price. Now, I've stayed in quite a few low-cost hotels that have been absolute dumps--this Knights Inn is NOT like that at all. Everything was clean, from the sheets to the bathroom to the 'fridge. The bed was comfy. The heat worked and could be adjusted. The TV was new & had a broad range of channels. In other words, this hotel has all the bases covered. It is in no way a fancy hotel -- it's an older building and parts of it look a little run down, but the rooms themselves are great. If you want mini-shampoo bottles and a substantial continental breakfast and brand-new everything, be prepared to pay *a lot* more & to stay 20 minutes away from Galax out by the interstate. For the price, this hotel is terrific. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank virginialuv
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We are working every day to make sure you enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area
Morehead City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel during a car trip we took down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel overlooks the tiny town below. Our GPS took us into the middle of nowhere. I called the hotel at 12:00 am and the night clerk gave me directions turn by turn. Check in was smooth. Parking is convenient.

The beds were comfortable and the room was large and dated. The price is awesome. The room has a mini fridge and microwave. The staff is very friendly.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves a bargain and doesn’t have to have all of the frills. It appears to be a family owned and operated business. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mkennedy38
Mims, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel clerk asked for my drivers license and then scanned it into the computer with no reason offered for why he needed it. I had reserved a room with a King bed but was given a double and told that my reservation through Expedia could not be honored as they were overbooked, even thought I booked through the Knights Inn website. Beyond all of that, the room was clean but very dated. The beds are very hard. Although the hotel accepts pets, there is no place to walk your dog other than a 3 foot strip of grass off the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank LeisureTraveler32754
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because I was very surprised with what I got when I went there. The rooms were large and very clean. The bathroom fixtures sparkled like new. The mattress was soft and comfy, and the linens were bright white and clean. There was free high-speed internet and I know in some of the big hotels you have to pay a fee for it. The front desk manager was courteous and assisted in finding me good food for dinner. To get this type of service and room for the price I paid is amazing. I was just passing through the on my way to a conference and ended up finding a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank onthego2047
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

The Knights Inn is a great place to stay while traveling. We were driving through the area and thought we could make it further without stopping, but decided to get off at the exit. The hotel is away from the interstate enough that there is peace and quiet, but close enough that you can get right back on in the morning. The rooms were very big and the linens and mattresses were comfy. There was a nice sitting area outside to relax at and a big walkway leading to the individual rooms. The rooms very clean, even the smoking room didn't smell like smoke. In the morning, there was a big continental breakfast in the lobby with hot coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. The staff was also very nice and helpful. As I walked up to the desk, I was greeted with a smile and a great attitude. The rates were low compared to places we've stayed before so that was nice for my wallet. All in all, we had a great experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluestraveler65
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

My fiance and I wanted to have a little get away for the night. The room was very clean, large and even though an older Inn, it was up to date and the staff were very nice and helpful. This little place is tucked away from the sound of traffic and loud noise, it was extremely peaceful and restful which is what we were looking for. The bed was extremely comfortable and we rested well. We would recommend this Inn to anyone. The little continental breakfast was not a large amt, however it was enough to start the day with donuts and coffee. For the price this was a nice place to stay and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hollimom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
Travelodge Wytheville
Travelodge Wytheville
#12 of 20 in Wytheville
4.0 of 5 stars 126 reviews

Been to Knights Inn Galax? Share your experiences!