Blue Ridge Seafood & Crab Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cary, IL
“Good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good seafood, not necessarily "cheap" but it was good. We were in town visiting a friend that took us to lunch here because we wanted seafood but were tired of going to fancy restaurants. It turned out to be an excellent lunch and really good service!

Visited June 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Strange Place”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I know this place gets a lot of high reviews but we aren't sure why. It's feels like it needs to be out in the country with the lawn table feel and how close the tables are to each other. It's super cramped in there and just has a dumpy feel for it. We left feeling that the food was good, not "best seafood" good but just didn't "wow" us to go back.

Visited July 2012
Warrenton, Virginia
“Go here for the food, not the atmosphere for sure”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is just one step above a dive inside but it is a well run operation with good service, fresh and varied seafood, prepared by an obviously experienced kitchen. there is a reason this place is always packed. It is not perfect but it is consistent.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank aBOGUSid
“We plan our trips to Virginia to go to Blue Ridge seafood restaurant!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Not a flashy place but the food is OUTSTANDING! The seafood is so fresh we have eaten the crab,lobster,mussels,clams, fish and chowder and the side dishes are delicious too. We live in Arkansas and we have eaten at this restaurant at least 10 or 12 times. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank WYPY
Bristow, Virginia
“Average at best”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I met for my sister's birthday last weekend and unfortunately we had a similar experience to those in the past. The atmosphere is that of a seafood dive you'd find on a beach road, with mix/match buildings, picnic tables with paper on top, and a decent sized outdoor seating area. That I don't mind, the quality of the food is what makes this average at best.

I ordered the swordfish special, blackened and grilled. It came out half as thick as I would expect (maybe 1/2") and was overcooked and bland. My wife normally always steals a bite, but she could tell by looking it wasn't worth it. The fries were cold by the time they got there, but I understand it gets busy and decided it wasn't worth complaining. My wifes crab legs were okay, hush puppies average, and nothing really stuck out in the "great" category. Beer out of small, plastic mugs is not what I'm looking for either.

I'm surprised there aren't more negative reviews of Blue Ridge Seafood on TA but maybe I'm more picky than most. Personally I'd prefer Bonefish in the area, and even with a limited seafood selection would rather take my chances with Copper Canyon/Sweetwater. I guess if you want a variety of seafood fried this is hte place, but personally I'll try to steer my family away next time this suggestion comes up.

• Visited May 2013