“Becoming one of our favorites”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 7, 2017

I've visited this restaurant 6-8 times in the past year or so, and have gotten take-out several times also. While there are several dishes that have left us underwhelmed, for the most part we have found this an excellent place to dine. The tandoori is not as impressive or as tasty as at other Indian restaurants we have frequented, but other dishes elevate it above the pack. The biryanis, the chicken tika masala, the lamb saag, and the vegetarian dishes we find to be particularly well prepared. They also are fairly accurate at adjusting the level of heat in the dishes to your liking, although "medium" spiciness is still enough to leave my lips burning! Their kutchumber salad is the best I've ever tried, and their regular and garlic naan are quite good, although I wish the serving size were larger. The wine list is okay, but their beer list is better, including local craft breweries. I'm not a big fan of buffets and prefer to order off the menu, but twice we've tried their lunch buffet when we were in a rush. It was okay - freshly prepared much better!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Hard to find, cleverly hidden in a strip mall, this gem is worth driving a great distance. To find this quality of ethnic food in a well decorated and clean place is absolutely unexpected. We enjoyed their lunch buffet and appreciated their meticulous service. Everything on the buffet table was clearly marked as to content and spiciness.

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with a couple of friends. The staff were very helpful but the food was very average. I am Indian and I prefer bold flavors when eating Indian food. The tandoori chicken lacked flavor and the butter chicken was almost bland. The food is priced very reasonable but there are better Indian restaurants in other parts of Northern Virginia.

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

Small lunch buffet, however the selection is great. Fresh, hot well seasoned food. My bill with tax was $10.55 I drank city punch (water). Staff were polite and attentive. The butter chicken was the best I've ever had. I highly recommend

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

I LOVE indian cuisine and have eaten at many restaurants in crystal city, Arlington and Washington D.C. All were better than this place. I decided to try this place because the reviews were so good. I told my husband that if the gulab jamuns were good then more likely than not, the food would be good. That wasn't the case, they tasted as if they'd been left in a fridge with exposure to onions. The price for the amount of food and quality isn't worth it. Although this is 5 minutes from my house, i won't be back. I will continue to drive into Arlington and Washington for my Indian fix.

1  Thank Mami1Virginia