“Great Drinks and appetizers”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Viginia
“Great Drinks and appetizers”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in before the movies and tried out their summertime mixed drink specials. We had the Malibu special with pineapple juice. Tasted so good I had to two. We ordered the avocado egg rolls - one of their best appetizers. I could eat a meal of just these. We tried the lettuce wrap for the first time. You get the ingredients and you make your own. It was good but skip the sauce. Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Mike B

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Great place for all”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was familiar with this chain from my days in Arizona, so was happy to hear they were opening one in Gainesville. I've gone several times since they opened in Feb. 2014, and am never disappointed. I've had the lunch special (soup and salad), the turkey burger, the bacon cheeseburger, the clam chowder, the tomato Mozzerella salad, the spinach artichoke dip, the tuna poke, the sampler appetizer platter, and all were good. The margaritas are delicious, and their selection of beers are great. I've give with my family, my friends, and on a date night with hubby, so the place is great for all occasions.

Manassas, Virginia
“Amazing food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I pretty much loved everything about this restaurant. It is very enticing to see a long line of people waiting to get into a restaurant, so there was quite a bit of anticipation building before we decided to go there one night.

We waited a little while to be seated, but that was expected since the place was very crowded. The wait was made easier by the offering of appetizer samples and cocktails, so I was fine with the 30 minutes to browse the menu options. Although the menu was very diverse and extensive, we decided to try the personal-pan deep-dish pizzas and enjoyed them very much, leaving just a little bit of room for dessert. I also like that there was an extensive selection of in-house beers on the menu, but I don't know if my budget could handle a devoted sampling of all of them. For this evening, I just picked one that seemed to compliment my food.

The atmosphere, food, and service were very well done and I am very much looking forward to going back again. Now that I've had the pizza, though, I'm going to have a harder time picking something else to try!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Adam N
Haymarket, Virginia
“Outdoor Fun”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

BJ's Brewhouse is a great addition to the Gainesville area. The atmosphere is vibrant and the menu is terrific. At times the service can be a bit slow which is why they get a 4 out of 5. However, I believe this is just a new restaurant getting it legs underneath itself. I will make this restaurant a regular stop for an evening out or a quick stop on the way home for a light bite to eat and a craft beer.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Lunch Enviroment”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good service all with a smile. Hamburger superbly done. Ambiance good for meetings, music not too loud etc.