“Fairly new Resturant-best to make call a head seating for the Week-ends”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #7 of 95 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I don't drink but their home made root beer is good and not too sweet. I'm sure the beer is good too. Food was good and our waiter was very attentive and helpful. I should qualify my comment about "new". It's new in Gainesville, VA.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Lunch specials for six and eight dollars with nice portions--I had the barbecue mixed plate which is a chicken breast with a pulled pork barbecue slider and french fries, pretty good. Lunch special chicken fingers are huge portion.

The best part of lunch was a wide variety of beers. We were there at 2 PM on a weekday and it was pretty busy. Although we didn't try at the table next to us said the pasta was really good.

I think will try some more things on the menu.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Mediocre food and poor service is not a great combination the beer selection is good but waited 40 minutes for a salad, pasta and a chicken dish after the food was ordered is too much and then 10 minutes to find silverware I also don t appreciate the server sliding into the booth with us to take the order or his use of profanity when complaining about how slow the kitchen is avoid this place at all costs starve before eating here cannibalism is a better choice

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Let me start by saying the food was very good, Parmesan encrusted chicken sandwich is excellent - the thin fries are good too - - their thick cut ones are batter dipped and i am not such a fan of those. after ordering my salad came out almost immediately, but then it took probably 40 minutes for the sandwiches to come out. We were there on lunch break, so it took longer than we would have liked. the food was tasty and served hot - if they could just get the kitchen to move a little quicker we would come back for lunch again. I feel like the quality of the food is great, especially for the cost, but unfortunately, for a business lunch when people are on a schedule, it is kind of tough.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went on a promotional basis for their pre-opening. I've seen many reviews stating the service is slow, I didn't experience that due to the situation, but will say I could believe it based on deductive reasoning. However, that being said, i thought the food was superb! Every dish they brought out was fantastic, to include the cobbler type desert thing they had - just to die for! The corn fritters were even great, and I've never been a corn fritter type of guy! I was thrilled to be able to try all 4 types of their in house brewed sodas. The Black Cherry ended up being the best, beating out my usually number one Orange. The Orange and Vanilla were very good, but surprisingly the Root Beer actually wasn't. It seemed flat and well, just didn't taste great. All in all though, if you want good food this is a place to get it, if you're willing to pay a decent price for it!