“Challenging course”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Stonewall Golf Club
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stonewall is one of the more expensive courses in the area so we do not play there often but it is probably the most challenging that I have played in the Gainesville area. The course is difficult with bunkers, water hazards and other impediments. If you do not mind the cost (compared to Virginia Oaks, Prince William GC, Bristow Manor) give this one a try.

2  Thank yellowstone1

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This course feels almost as nice as the RTJ course across the Lake. It's very challenging, but not too so. I'm a golf nut and have played tons of courses in VA and this certainly is in the top-5. The staff makes it a point to be exceptionally friendly and respectful and when you pay country club prices, this is appreciated!!

2  Thank Virginia59
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I've played a bit of the course through lessons, but this review is about the quality of lessons (2 years running) with Erika Larkin. She sent videos of my swing, was very patient (last year I was nursing a replaced ankle all summer) and keeps the instruction simple and effective. Lessons were truly helpful and not stressful.

2  Thank Getagrip57
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Perfect greens and very fast. Beautiful layout and design with scenic lake views.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Visited with my husband who golfs there very often. I'm a novice, but I really enjoyed the experience.

2  Thank Katydid01