“Mothers Day Out”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Front Royal, Virginia
“Mothers Day Out”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Today's visit to Famous Daves was a great experience. My wife and younger son had been there previously, so we went there for Mothers Day after Church. Although the restaurant is a bit pricy, the food selection provided for both those willing to pay the higher cost and for those that must be money consious. If you are not one for spicy food, this may not be the best place to go, but they do have options for mild. The customer service was good and management was out and about asking how things were. This is not a restaurant I would frequent often, but if I was in the mood for Bar-B-Que food, this would be a great place to go. Of course for those that like spicy food, this is your spot. The briskett, ribs, and wings were outstanding, and they had six different sauces on the table from which you could choose: some mild and some very spicy.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I gave it a try, as we have been to, and enjoyed, another location. My food came out ice cold and the server was extremely rude when I complained. Another server who heard the exchange apologized for him. He kept ignoring us to hang out with friends at the bar. It was unreal. The manager replaced my food, but the replacement wasn't much better. My husband and I both got really sick later that night. We will NEVER go back.

Bristow, Virginia
“Good but pricey for BBQ”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped in this past Saturday. They were not busy at all. Great service and a few TVs sprinkled about to watch the college games (but not obtrusive). Table has 6 different kinds of BBQ sauce on it so you get a choice. We both ordered the Texas Brisket sandwich. Only comment is that the meat came more cubed than sliced which I thought was odd cause I never saw sliced brisket that way in Texas. It was good but the pieces fell out of the sandwich. Maybe a cross between sliced and chopped? The french fries (for the thicker steak type) were good. The pickles were really good. But two sandwiches (husband did get cole slaw on his), and one beer was $30. A bit pricey for BBQ.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Always a winner”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Who can argue with tasty BBQ? The place is convenient and quick. It always seems a bit slow, but that makes getting a table easy. The bar is friendly and the drinks cold. I'd recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Satisfying Portions and Good Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ate there while staying at the Hampton down the street. We arrived before the rest of our party and were seated right away and ordered drinks and appetizers while waiting. Appetizers were almost enough for a meal. I had a burder which was good but a touch dry. Husband had wings and S-I-L had ribs. All agreed food was good but not great. Servers were friendly and attentive and food arrived quickly. They were not especially busy for a Saturday afternoon. They were accomodating in putting us at a long table big enough for eight and one wheel chair and a high chair. Fairly good experience. Would go again for the appetizers.

• Visited August 2013