“Fantastic food...wonderful family friendly price”

Afghan Famous Kabobs
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I took my family to this restaurant this afternoon after church and I was not disappointed. We are a family of 7 and a good meal at a good price is vital for us in eating out. The food was well worth it. My children had gyros . My husband had a kabob plate and I had a vegetarian plate. The kids loved their gyros and a couple of them could not finish it because it was so filling. My husband said that the meat was so tender and well seasoned and the rice was excellent. I had been dying to try eggplant and was hoping that it was going to taste good and it was prepared beautifully...I even called the restaurant later and told the owner how pleased we were with the meals. We will definitely be returning soon.

1  Thank Shelley L

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Famous kabob is considered to be the fast food of Afghanistan. It is good, not great, but hits the spot when you want it. Better to take out as eating with plastic utensils off plastic plates is rather icky. Do bother with the gyros as they use those prefab slices of lamb. But do order the gyro platters where the slice the lamb off the Rotisserie. Delicious!

1  Thank Crazywolf701
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The title of the place can be a little off-putting but I have been going here for several years, and I have never once been disappointed by the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. The crisp bread that is served direct form the oven is an extraordinary experience, and couple it with the tenderest chicken and lamb, and you have a clear winner. The aushak appetizer is one f my favorites.

1  Thank rfk757
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food, happy and polite service. We go weekly when we can. I like talking recipes with the staff who are always pleasant and friendly. The generic store front in a small strip mall is not at all indicative of he service one receives upon entering

1  Thank blh0524
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Looks Ordinary from outside until you step in and realise that this is a place set to blow you away. unlike most ethnic food places, this facility has a huge dining area and you wint feel crowded. Being vegetarians were pleasantly suprised to find that this place has a good and healthy selection of dishes. flavorful and fresh food. The price is right! if i ever find myself on this neck of wood again i will stop in again.