“Solid first brunch experience.”

Grafton Street Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Gainesville
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual restaurant & bar serving tasty food & drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. Our menu features great tasting steaks, seafood, burgers, salads & sandwiches. We also offer a full bar with 24 always-changing draft beers & we are proud to feature the best whiskey selection around, with over 100 on offer. We offer happy hour daily, from 3pm to 7pm, nightly food specials & our Sunday Brunch is the best around. So whether it’s to grab a bite, enjoy a pint, or celebrate with family and friends, Grafton Street is a great place to visit.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Had very nice brunch with family. Mellow space, nicely appointed and clean. Brunch menu was small and scared our less adventurous diners at first (they wanted IHOP - yuck) , and after some debate and clarification by our excellent server we toughed it out. We were rewarded for our choice with excellent food, from the lemon blueberry pancakes to the cinnamon raisin brioche French toast. Every plate was well presented, the food hot and delicious. Portion sizes were more than adequate. Eggs were light and fluffy. Bacon crisp but not chewy. I only wish the menu selections were broader, otherwise Grafton Street is a solid entrant and currently my first choice for brunch in the Haymarket/Gainesville area.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I started to go with three stars but the customer service kept it at a 4. I met a friend here for dinner. I ordered an appetizer of Habanero BBQ wings and asked they be cooked crispy. It took awhile for them to come out but I wasn't in a hurry so no problems. They were NOT crispy as requested. The flavor of the sauce was very good. I'm not sure why cooks have a problem fulfilling the crispy request. The bread that came out was very tasty and we had to ask what it was. It's a recipe from the cooks Mom. Zucchini bread. I ordered the Baby Back Ribs which comes with Baked Beans and Shoe String Fries. The sides were very good. The ribs had a lot of meat on them but it was overcooked and dried out. Won't order them again. I should have sent it back and I only ate a portion of it. My friend ordered a Rib Eye very rare with a blackened coating. He said they did a good job with that.
Our iced teas were never empty. But what really stands out here was the service. Several stepped in to assist with refills and such and everyone seemed to be enjoying their work. It takes good management to make this happen. When we were done it seemed our server forgot about us and never brought us our check. We were enjoying sitting and talking so no big deal. I finally got his attention and he told us they do not bring the checks out until the customer asks so they can sit and enjoy talking if they so desire. Very nice. The ribs didn't stand out at all but overall a good experience here.

One thing I did notice was that they do NOT play their background music too loud like most restaurants which was a bonus.

There is a bar but it's separate enough to not be an issue noise wise.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The ambience is nice, with a selection of indoor or outdoor seating. Service was very quick. The menu has a great selection, including the children's menu even!

The waitress was so attentive and professional, without being disruptive.

The food was amazing! We had the hummus appetizer. We had (as often happens) more hummus left than warm pita, so the waitress offered to bring more warm pita but advised us it would take a ccouple extra minutes. She offered us the option of getting tortilla chips instead, which could be ready immediately, which we chose. They were hot and delicious as well.

I had the salmon salad which was PERFECT and my boyfriend had fish and chips, which I tasted. They had a crispy, light, non-greasy crust with moist, perfectly-cooked fish inside. The fries were hot, crisp, and non-greasy as well.

My 3-year old grandson was with us. His chicken tenders and fries looked great, but he kept begging me for the strawberries in my salad, so I asked the waitress if they happened to have a fruit cup I could order for him. She said no, which I completely understood. However, out of the blue she arrived with a plate of strawberries, blueberries, and orange slices, saying that was the "best she could do." We were thrilled and my grandson was ecstatic.

Really couldn't say anything more positive about this place except I will for sure be back!

1  Thank unfranchiser
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Monday is $5 hamburger day at Grafton Street. My friend and I decided to try it out for lunch. It was one of the best hamburgers I've ever had! French fries and salad came with it. All very good. We ate outside on the patio and it was wonderful. Day wasn't too hot. I highly recommend Mondays at Grafton Street if you want a hamburger. Wednesday is pizza day and my husband and I went for dinner. He got the pizza and said it was one of the best he's ever had - and he's picky about his pizza. Try it!

1  Thank Gainesville_Nana
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioning is out in part of the building. I nearly had a heat stroke in the bathroom - I had sweat dripping down my face. There were many flies. I couldn't eat half my dinner because flies had landed on it. Maybe in a couple of months they'll have their act together.

1  Thank MstresJ