“Accidental discovery of a real gem!”

Grafton Street Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Gainesville
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The ambience is nice, with a selection of indoor or outdoor seating. Service was very quick. The menu has a great selection, including the children's menu even!

The waitress was so attentive and professional, without being disruptive.

The food was amazing! We had the hummus appetizer. We had (as often happens) more hummus left than warm pita, so the waitress offered to bring more warm pita but advised us it would take a ccouple extra minutes. She offered us the option of getting tortilla chips instead, which could be ready immediately, which we chose. They were hot and delicious as well.

I had the salmon salad which was PERFECT and my boyfriend had fish and chips, which I tasted. They had a crispy, light, non-greasy crust with moist, perfectly-cooked fish inside. The fries were hot, crisp, and non-greasy as well.

My 3-year old grandson was with us. His chicken tenders and fries looked great, but he kept begging me for the strawberries in my salad, so I asked the waitress if they happened to have a fruit cup I could order for him. She said no, which I completely understood. However, out of the blue she arrived with a plate of strawberries, blueberries, and orange slices, saying that was the "best she could do." We were thrilled and my grandson was ecstatic.

Really couldn't say anything more positive about this place except I will for sure be back!

1  Thank unfranchiser
There are newer reviews for Grafton Street Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Monday is $5 hamburger day at Grafton Street. My friend and I decided to try it out for lunch. It was one of the best hamburgers I've ever had! French fries and salad came with it. All very good. We ate outside on the patio and it was wonderful. Day wasn't too hot. I highly recommend Mondays at Grafton Street if you want a hamburger. Wednesday is pizza day and my husband and I went for dinner. He got the pizza and said it was one of the best he's ever had - and he's picky about his pizza. Try it!

1  Thank Gainesville_Nana
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioning is out in part of the building. I nearly had a heat stroke in the bathroom - I had sweat dripping down my face. There were many flies. I couldn't eat half my dinner because flies had landed on it. Maybe in a couple of months they'll have their act together.

1  Thank MstresJ
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My son was getting married down the road at the Stonewall Golf Club and we needed a place for the rehearsal dinner. A friend recommended the Grafton knowing it had a reception area in the back. We setup a meeting with Justin (one of the owners) and checked the place out. The room was large enough, food seemed right, price was good and they had a decent selection of beers on tap. Justin worked hard with us to come up with the right menu and price we were looking for. I felt he was trying to save us money, not soak us for every penny. Communication over the weeks was very good and we felt everything was in order for the event. We arrived a little earlier to setup flowers we had bought for the tables. The staff quickly jumped in to help. They got the appetizers out and drinks rolling as the guests started to arrive. The room looked great (they had just laid new hardwood floors) and everyone was enjoying each other’s company. The staff walked around ensuring no one had last minute dinner order changes as well as filling drinks. When dinner arrived I was surprised at the size of the 14oz NY strips. They were huge and gorgeous. Desert followed and was equally tasty. Justin stopped in several times to ensure there were no issues and everyone was taken care of. I can't say enough about the staff. They were great and very attentive. I know other posts didn't have as good of an experience with their staff, but that was not an issue with us. It was a special day for our family and Justin and his team made sure it felt that way. I would definitely recommend the Grafton and have done so. Our family will also be frequenting the Grafton for food, drink and good company. Thanks again Justin and team for a great time.

1  Thank TravelingMan V
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were in the area doing some long distance shopping and wanted a nice sit down lunch. We passed on the usual franchise operations that are in the area and found the Grafton Street on the corner. There we lots of guests on the patio and were inticed by the brunch sign on the sidewalk. We chose to dine inside, the dining area has a nice warm feel to it and the owner or manager greeted us immediatley. The brunch menui is nice (not large) and my wife choose the Strawberry Martini and loved it! The bar area is a nice place to escape for another day, by the way. We both choose the burgers, mine was the breakfast burger with bacon, cheese and an over easy egg. First time for that and was I glad I did. The burger was faboulous and the breakfast pototoes were awesome! My wife got the lunch burger and that was wonderful as well. A nice sauce on that made it delicious. We spilt the enterees and shared a half each. The service pretty good, they were busy so dont be in a hurry! I noticed they also have a reception area that was closed off for your next special event. Overall, a good experience!