“Horrible Service”

Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Gainesville
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been to Bungalow a couple times now and the service has been horrible on each occasion. The food is average to good if it is properly prepared. Had to send food back a few times (steak,burger) for being undercooked. The atmosphere is good here and a nice spot to hang out on a summer day and have a beer or a happy hour. Just dont plan on it for a nice dinner.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Yup, totally townie hangout. It is Gainsville what can you do. It can be full of regulars on the weekends and at other times quite. The service is totally hit and miss. We have waited over 20 minutes for just the meet and greet and at other times you will be lucky enough to get a great server. We go for just two reasons the mirco brews and the wings.

The wings are really good and our favorite way to order them is with the house sauce with a side of their three mile sauce. It is awesome and very spicy. Tried them with just the three mile and it was way too hot and we love some hot.

I wish they would change out the micro brews more but I guess it is better than nothing.

The ribs can hold their own as well and the fries are worth indulging.

Worth a try but wish they would get their service on board.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place is a "townie" attraction - if you went to high school in this area, you ARE going to bump into whomever is still around, or visiting. Guaranteed. It has also changed names/ownership a few times in its short life span.

The bar is separated from the restaurant, and there is a decent sized outdoor patio, segregated by smoking/non smoking. The food is so-so; it is hit or miss. I have had a few things I like, and a few things I could get somewhere else that is better. It happens.

The beer selection is pretty awesome, and it gets to be a busy little weekend hotspot for locals trying to stay close to home and get some music/drinks in. I don't find it to be a gem of any kind, but I return my business there enough to give it a pretty good review.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We tried this place, based primarily on the idea of them having a wide selection of craft beers from all over the country, which they did. But, in addition, the atmosphere was pleasant, the menu selections were interesting and the food good, and we got good service.

1  Thank Observer1
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Visited for dinner on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was quiet but the bar was active. I was alone on a business trip so I sat at the bar. There are a number of televisions with a variety of sports on and the bartender was happy to change to whatever games the patrons were interested in aside from the local teams. There is an extensive beer selection and the bartender is happy to let you sample if you're not sure. I ordered the crab chowder which was pretty good. It was a large bowl with obvious pieces of crab. I followed that with the crab cake sandwich with a remoulade sauce. This was pretty good. The crab was not as tasty as I have had but it was large and with a decent amount of crabs. The bartenders were friendly and there appeared to be a significant number of regulars who got their attention more so than I. The service could have been a little more attentive. The atmosphere is pretty good and there are tables to sit outside in the courtyard of the shopping center. I thought the prices were very reasonable.