“3.5 Stars...menu promises, food doesn't quite deliver”
Review of Desiderio - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have eaten here three or four times and generally like the place but always leave just a wee bit disappointed. The place is nicely appointed, the staff friendly but not intrusive. Like many places occupying the casual upscale segment of the market, Desiderio tries hard, but just somehow doesn't deliver. One night, the appetizer's will be spectacular, the salad flooded with dressing, the entre gorgeous, but lacking seasoning. The next, the appetizer is merely OK, the salad outstanding, the entre again, under seasoned. Respectable wine list and never a wait to be seated. Wish I could give it a higher score 'cause I generally like the hidden little dining spots like this.

1  Thank aBOGUSid

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a celebration dinner, party of 7, on May 19, 2013. This was our first time at this restaurant as we were visiting in the area. The restaurant itself is very nice. Our waitress was very attentive. Warm bread with a side of dipping meat sauce was delicious. Everyone was very pleased with their meal which ranged from homemade ravioli to veal parmigiana. I had the chicken picata which was overpowered by a lemon sauce and extreme pepper. The chicken itself was cooked to perfection although a bit too peppery but the linguine was rendered uneatable because of the lemon sauce. I was very disappointed with this particular meal and mentioned this to our waitress. If I have the chance to eat there again I will certainly try another dish but avoid the chicken picata or ask for a different side other than the lemony linguine which ruined the dish.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

While it is somewhat difficult to locate in the strip shopping center, the food was very good. The mussels (as an appetizer) were prepared in an unusual, tasty lemon type sauce. My dinner guests required a salt free dish and the owner was more than willing to accommodate the request. In fact, the entire staff was friendly and courteous. A

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recommend Desiderio. They have a great menu with excellent choices and awesome beer selection (not normal for an Italian Restaurant). I suggest the Rissotto (always different ways it is served) and the meat balls (appetizer).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love going to this Restaurant either with Family or Friends. Food is always delicious. The Chicken Picatta is always wonderful as is the Cheese Bread.