“Amazing food in a great environment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Haymarket, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food in a great environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recommend Desiderio. They have a great menu with excellent choices and awesome beer selection (not normal for an Italian Restaurant). I suggest the Rissotto (always different ways it is served) and the meat balls (appetizer).

• Visited January 2013

Warrenton, Virginia
“Best Ever Local Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love going to this Restaurant either with Family or Friends. Food is always delicious. The Chicken Picatta is always wonderful as is the Cheese Bread.

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant! It had been awhile since we had a meal here, and I remember it being very good! Last night, we went there again because my husband suggested Italian food and it was so good, I could not figure out what took us so long to go back.
The staff was very friendly and helpful! Food was fresh!
I am looking forward to trying it again! Two thumbs up!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Roo3m
Virginia
“Suprisingly Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I went on Valentines night and enjoyed the food. Got the Chicken Parmesan which was excellent and enough for 2 meals. My wifes dish was also good. Very clean restaurant but I did have to wait a little longer for a drink refill which is why only 3 stars. Appetizers were also good.

If they put more thought into this place it has the potential to be a consistent 4 star restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
Gainesville, Virginia
“I've had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Live in the Gainesville area and we initally went here on one of our first nights in our home....food and experience were just "ok." We decided, over a year later, to give it another shot.

I won't say anything was outright awful....but things could have been better. The atmosphere is nice...it gives you the feel of an Italian restaurant. The mozzerella was by far the biggest plus of the restaurant. They advertise it as "fresh" and it did not disappoint. The ravvioli's were good and decently priced. The chicken parm was good....but in fact the chicken tasted either a bit overcooked or reheated in the microwave. The pasta was decent but nothing to "wow" you. Typically it's endless bread at Italian restaurants....they only bring you about 3-4 slices with a meat sauce/marinara instead of olive oil. The wine was decently priced as was the food and since it's one of only a handful of Italian restaurants in the area it has little competition. The paper over the tablecloths made me feel like I was eating at a steakhouse and was a bit "unclassy." Expect to pay $13-23 per entree.

Overall, I'd go here again....but wouldn't be my first pick. I've had better chicken parm at Esposito's in Fairfax, Carraba's in Centreville, and Ciro's in Aldie.

• Visited February 2012