“Great Selection, Great Flavor” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bertucci's
Ranked #22 of 91 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Selection, Great Flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Appetizers are plenyy for two to share. Entrees come with a bountiful house salad. Highly recommend the picatta. Nice but not upscale.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jwja

virginia
“Surprisingy good food for a chain, worth a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I had eaten in a Bertucci's in Pennsylvania years ago and had not been impressed. But we were hungry, in a little bit of a hurry, and tired from holiday shopping. We stopped in after shopping at Wegman's with fingers crossed. To our delight we had a wonderful meal and good service. It's a typical chain atmosphere, but it is clean and the waitstaff is friendly. There is a full bar and the wine list is decent. My husband had the Sporki pizza...ricotta and sausage... which was so good that he drove back 12 miles the very next night and ordered another one for take away. We started with roasted vegetable antipatsti, both the eggplant with mozzerella and basil balsamic reduction and the assorted roasted veg plate. Both were outstanding, and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed a bottle of red wine with our meal. The waitress was darling but did not know how to present or pour wine; she just popped it open and dumped it in the glasses as if it were orange juice. but frankly this is not fine wine you need to fuss over so we just smiled and let it go....I ordered the cheese ravioli in marinara, which were delish. The sauce is bright and acidic, seemed like fresh tomato sauce, not sweet and from a jar. Both of us are a bit salt sensitive and neither of us felt bad hours later, a good sign. We skipped dessert, we're always too full....but it looked good! Next time I'll try the lobster ravioli....but that Sporki pizza is not to be missed.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank onehermesgirl
Gainesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Think I Found My New Favorite Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My partner and I decided to eat here one day out of the blow, and I was highly impressed. When i dine at a restaurant I look for enhanced ambiance, great service, and naturally excellent food. Bertucci's surpassed all of my standards, especially with their lunch specials which are a perfect size and reasonably priced. I will most definitely eat here again, and again. Also I highly recommend you try this place I don't know how busy they get on the weekends....and I almost forgot something, I was flabbergasted how quickly we got our food. Our waiter brought out our appetizers, and in the middle of eating our salad, our food was ready. In conclusion I was very impressed.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank talorerae
Catlett, VA
“A regular favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I love Bertucci's. My family eats here atleast once a month and the food and service has always been top notch. I was very impressed with the managers that actuality stayed at the food station and checked every dish that came out. We eat out a lot because of our business and I can honestly say I don't see many managers or staff doing that anymore.

The specials are always tasty and reasonably priced. We will continue to visit as often as we can!

1 Thank Cblevins81
Gainesville, Virginia
“Great food, but it made me sick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We live within a mile of the Bertucci's restaurant in Gainesville, VA. We ate there during opening week. No problems, delightful staff, wonderful food. However, the next two times we ate at this Bertuccis's either I or one of my family members got sick immediately afterward. One occasion was in the days after a big snowstorm in which our area lost power for quite some time. My daughter had the lasagne and we took the rest home. Later that night she was sick with diarrhea and vomiting. I did not think it was the food until I ate her leftover portion of the lasagne and was sick afterward as well. I think that they did not throw out the food in the refrigerator after the extended power outage and it had become tainted. This was the second time I had gotten sick after eating at this particular Bertucci's and I have not returned since. It is a shame. I really like their food and the staff is courteous. They just need to brush up on their food handling skills.

• Visited November 2010