“Good food good prices”
Review of La Parrilla

La Parrilla
Ranked #36 of 102 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Decided to take a shot and we went to this place. And Home was in there. Made me quite nervous at first. Waiter was listening to music with his headphones. Was wondering what I had gotten myself into. However the service was good once he took his headphones off. Food was excellent. Hopefully this place will stay open so I could come again

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

We are big fans of El Vaquero and decided to try their sister restaurant La Parrilla. Came in on a Sunday night and there was no wait and plenty of seating, which is always a plus with small kids.

I ordered the Mazatlan fajitas and the wife had the carnitas. Both dishes were absolutely fantastic and came out sizzling hot. I was worried they would lose something in the new space but they haven't missed a beat. Great service, plenty of parking, and easy in and out. We will be back soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2017

It's El Vaquero West, but without the wait! I've been here twice and it has not disappointed. Their wait staff was very pleasant and friendly both times. I like their chips & salsa, not too spicy for the fam, but plenty of flavor for me. I had the California Burrito, which is my fav and highly recommend. My wife had the Tilapia & Shrimp with veggies and enjoyed it, which is a major score as she is a picky pescaterian. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 13, 2017

La Parrillada opened last year. Before drawing conclusions or writing a TA review I always visit a new place a few times. The first time we went we waited almost an hour for food. Staff was pleasant but disorganized. I had a taco salad which was good. I did not like the chips-too thick and no taste. Didn't like the salsa. Our second visit we were in a small side room near the entrance. Tables full, many children-so noisy you could not have a conversation. Whatever we ate....well it wasn't memorable. Last night we made our third and rest assured FINAL visit. It was early and not very crowded, we sat in the back of the restaurant. It was quiet. Still don't like the chips or salsa. So we ordered fajitas for two ($20). Pros: refried beans were good, margharita ok. Cons: everything else. The dish was to include beef, chicken, pork and shrimp. You could identify the shrimp but all the other meat was just overcooked brown stuff. All SWIMMING in a tasteless brown grease. The toppings for two people included about 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce, about 2 tablespoons of sour cream and two tablespoons of quacamole. Oh yes, and one half of one slice of a tomato. The meat was very unappealing (see photo). We were starved so we ate some of it, but it was just gross. Our server NEVER came to check on us. After the meal a male server or manager came to our table and asked how things were. We expressed our dissatisfaction and the plate of meat was still on the table. I asked if he thought it looked appetizing and he rather shook his head no. He did take $10 off our bill and urged us to try the place again. That was considerate but crappy food is not worth full or half price. I had a very upset stomach the remainder of the night. We are DONE with this place. Don't waste your time.....or if you must, stick with a margharita and refried beans!

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Tried this place for lunch recently. Extensive menu all very reasonably priced and a good number of lunch specials too. We ordered off the dinner section of the menu ... California burrito (steak) was excellent, but heed the warning about the "hot sauce" cause its got a lil kick to it! ....we'll def be back again. Chips & salsa were better than average. Service was quick, food delivered hot!