“Front Royal Foodies Rejoice!”
Review of Apartment 2g - CLOSED

Apartment 2g
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Apartment 2g has been merged with Element restaurant at it's brand new location at 317 E. Main Street, Front Royal, VA 22630. Chef/Owners David & Stacy Gedney
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a splendid little restaurant that turned out a fantastic dinner. Well thought out wine list was more than reasonably priced, too. The grilled lamb was stunning. The exterior of the place doesn't do it any favors or justice, but we're here to tell you that the food is amazing and the service superb.

1  Thank ebriss

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The filet was a hit with my high-standard friend. I had not heard him speak so highly of a meal in a very long time. My scallops were also perfect, as were the other courses. The mocha pave was delicious. I regret eating too much of the tasty focaccia because it meant I left some pave behind.

1  Thank sinequinnon
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed an incredible meal during a weekend getaway at this unique restaurant -- Apartment 2g. A husband and wife team (plus some "backpack" assistance from their very young daughter) created a fun and delicious meal. This couple met while working at the nearby Inn at Little Washington -- so you know they have the skills to create a truly special meal. Apartment 2g is only open on Saturday nights (their other restaurant is downstairs and is open throughout the week) and it gives the couple the chance to cook for a smaller crowd via a fixed price menu. There are plenty of menu choices and everything looked yummy and our choices were fantastic! We did discover that if you have a favorite meal (something you've had there before) you can request that meal in your reservation (you must have a reservation to eat there) and they will prepare it for you! Our server was wonderful and super attentive! The atmosphere is very intimate -- like dining in someone's home! You can also catch a glimpse of the activity in the kitchen via several TV's with closed circuit coverage of the kitchen. You can even stroll into the kitchen to talk with the husband and wife about your meal, their restaurant and their kids -- who are often there on slower nights.

If you are in the area -- do yourself a favor and make sure you experience this unique restaurant -- you won't be disappointed.

4  Thank VACouple6
Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a unique experience! Mid January my husband & I made reservations for the Sat. night dinner & truly enjoyed the experience. In the dining room, there is a TV that is constantly showing the cooking & activity in the kitchen. The food was excellent. It was a 4 course dinner for $50; beverages were extra. We had an appetizer of shrimp risotto – just wonderful & a green salad. There are no choices for these courses. We chose main courses – duck for my husband & scallops for me. To end the meal, we were presented with a menu that had about 6-8 dessert choices plus coffee drinks & dessert beverages. It was hard to decide. I had the mocha pave & my husband a dessert similar to apple crisp which was served warm. Both delicious but the apple dish was the best. Service was very, very good. We were staying in Front Royal for the weekend & were glad we found this restaurant on the internet. A reservation form is available through the website & it asks you to provide any food restrictions & allergies.

Apt. 2G is gourmet dining with a casual atmosphere. A great way to top off our day!

1  Thank Virginia2002
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Unique setting and fabulous cuisine! Make reservations in advance and prepare for a World Class meal.

1  Thank Alan B