“Go Elsewhere”

Soul Mountain Cafe
Ranked #28 of 96 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Cuisine; some fusion with a whole lot of Soul! Not soul food, but food for the soul in a mountain of flavors. Our eclectic menu is crafted to suit all appetites because we take pride in preparing all plates fresh to order, so have patience for real food, not fast food. Excite your palate! Absolutely the best BBQ in the valley. Known especially for our brisket, pulled pork, and St. Louis style ribs with our house made Doc’s BBQ sauce, right here on 300 East Main St. in historic Front Royal, Virginia, We serve American, Barbeque, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steakhouse and Vegetarian cuisine. We take reservations; walk-ins welcome. We are happy to book for large groups, promote a kid-friendly environment, and provide Take Out, Delivery, and Catering services. Outdoor seating available for the warmer months. Our hours of operations are: Tue – Thu: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fri – Sat: 12:00 pm – 9:00pm Sun: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

From the time the waitress took our order, middle of the afternoon, until the food arrived at our table, was almost an hour.

The room is rather noisy and echo-y, so we did not get to enjoy our wait. The food and prices were mediocre.

1  Thank GearheadJim

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Rec'd a recommendation from the antique shop across the street....very happy to do so. Th food was delicious...I don't normally like catfish...but this was fresh, tasty,and great...and the fries..and the med salad...all was good...I don't understand the bad reviews...I loved the place

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Chef Gary and staff (Kim and Thomas), thank you for catering my dear friend's wedding. It was a spectacular celebration and the menu contributed to the success of the occasion. Since the wedding was at my friend's house in Luray we were able to enjoy the leftovers the next day! The brisket, cold roasted vegetable pasta salad, roasted chicken with gorgonzola risotto and crispy basil were complimented repeatedly by guests throughout the day. The salad was also delicious which Chef Gary makes the strawberry vinaigrette dressing!! Due to several guests with food allergies, Chef Gary offered to serve menu items separately so there would be more gluten-free options.

Kim and Thomas were very professional, accommodating and hospitable throughout the entire day. They were a tremendous help in the set-up of the food and beverages and provided a lot of great ideas.

It was a beautiful day to celebrate this special union. Thanks again Chef Gary and Soul Mountain Restaurant for preparing the delicious food!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We just finished eating at this small restaurant in Front Royal. An hour and a half out of my life I can not get back. I understand that this establishment sold out of most of it's food yesterday. With that being said, the waitress took our order anyway. We ordered an appetizer and sandwiches. We waited, and waited, and waited We tried to tell everyone coming in to turn and run the other way. When our food did arrive we had wraps not buns and our side was missing. No one asked us if these changes were ok. I would gladly have cancelled our order and gone to Subway. We were charged full price for our meals. It took over an hour for these half meals to appear. The restaurant itself was dirty with sticky tables and no air conditioning. I can't believe I waited all that time and my meal wasn't even what I ordered. Many people came and left without being served. If you can't do the job just let your customers know so they can have the choice of going elsewhere. I still regret that we didn't just get up and leave. :(

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I ordered a dozen hot wings with the Buffalo flavor. They were plenty hot so I'm glad I didn't get extra hot. This restaurant is in the downtown historic section of Front Royal. Not the nicest walking downtown but certainly not horrible. It was a nice day outside so the restaurant had its doors open. Only problem was that the flies were enjoying my food as much as me. The wings here are breaded and were probably the messiest I've ever eaten. The coating kept falling apart. They were tasty though and the iced tea was good. My server was good.